Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King exhaust?

I just purchased the yoshi pipe for the king and i am very pleased with performance but has anyone heard of any dyno numbers on it. Just curious if my seat of the pants dyno is close to the true #'s.

Old 12-15-2005, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a Full 730 Race Build!
Default King exhaust?

Did you do anything to add more air or fuel or simply install the slip on? How's the sound? Did ya keep the quiet insert in and spark arrestor?

Old 12-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default King exhaust?

I used the dobeck TFI along with the K&N air box mod, the dobeck seemed to offer more instant tuning. As far sound, it sounds great with quiet core. The tone is deep with a nice pop at higher rpm's. Yoshi seems to really have their fit and finish one step above the other guys, making it well worth the money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default King exhaust?

Hi! I do not mean to jump in hear but! What K & N air box mod! I just ordered an $80 dollar twin air kit and several uni vents to modify my air intake system! Just after receaving an email from K&N saying they did not make a filter for the KING QUAD! I just spent around $200 bucks for all the uni filter vents, oil, cleaner, twin air kit, there cleaner, there oil and sealing grease!
And from you said i could have gotten a K & N Filter????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Please reply!! Where did you get the K& N at?
Where did you get your Yosh pipe at, how much $$$, and which model did you go with? Do you hnow the db level of the Yosh? I am not looking for loud, just power! So they can't hear me coming! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a Full 730 Race Build!
Default King exhaust?

An easier, cheaper and more effective way of getting more air in the intake aside from getting rid of the snorkle is to simply install the Twin Air setup without the orange lid that is provided, just take the wingnut and maybe use a fairly thick washer to secure the filter, then you have a completely open airbox.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Range Rover
Default King exhaust?

Graybullet, did you just use the quiet core that came with your muffler or did you buy the "low volume insert" that is also available for about $20? The quiet core is supposed to be about 96dbs, the low volume 93-94 dbs. Guess I will have to wait and see how loud it is.

I got my pipe a while back but was waiting for the ECM to come out before I installed it. Funny thing was I ordered it figuring to use a Dobeck for fuel control. At the same time we started the email campaign and found out about the Yoshi ECM. I ended up selling my new Dobeck but now have to wait for the ECM to add fuel. Shouldn't be too much longer. Maybe a month or two. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default King exhaust?

DavAsh, the K&N part number for the filter is ru2430, used with their prefilter which is the same part # as the filter (2430) with just a different prefix, I think it is PR2430 but K&N can help you with that. This filter is a universal fit application, so without going in depth on the install i'll tell you where to get that info, If you go to NYROC's website under tech tips it will have K&N filter mod tip. I like this filter setup the best because you are getting the best airflow along with great filtration, instead of that joke of a filter that comes on it from the factory. The sound of the pipe is not overly loud, as I am just using the quiet core that came in the pipe, but I believe the db's are right at 96. I really wouldn't give a shizzle now though how loud it is because it sounds freakin awesome.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default King exhaust?

I could have had a K&N! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Thanks Graybullet! I am going to order the yoshi pipe! Any suggestions!

Old 12-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default King exhaust?

Whats the power diff with the new pipe Is it very evident or is it just a little diff from stock

Old 12-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Range Rover
Default King exhaust?

anyone know the stock muffler's db in comparison to the Yoshi? I don't think it will matter if is sounds as good as you say! I am just curious how it compares to stock?