Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Opinion on an Eiger, looking to get one

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion on an Eiger, looking to get one

What do you think of the Eiger? Seen some decent prices lately. Will use for work and play. Thanks

Old 12-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Range Rover

It is a great ATV. Plenty of power, lots of features for the price. The only thing I don't like is the tires they put on them. I have never had a problem with mine, and I have over 2000 miles on mine. I use it for plowing, pulling (small) logs, hunting, and trail riding. It is not the fastest ATV out there, it lacks a locking front diff, but I have never had a need for either.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

I use mine for riding trails and snowplowing. With a good winch mudholes needn't worry you. I went with the Warn 2500 lb. winch after my Moose Utilities 1700 lb. winch bit the dust. It has plenty of pep, I got the auto, which I know has less power than the 5 speed, but you can't beat it when your almost seat deep in water. Overall its a great machine, good price and been out for long enough that most of the initial kinks and recalls should have been worked out.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Trailblazer

ive got an 06 Eiger. I love it. ive been riding for 15 yrs and have riden alot of wheelers. this one is by far in the top 5 % of all 400cc class machines. Ive 200+ miles and have been thru alot of different terrain with it and have never needed a diff lock. Alot of atv for the price and well worth it in my book. It also comes with all the wiring in place for the winch which saves you about an hour of hastle. my suggestion, GO FOR IT.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Trailblazer

this is what I wrote in the other guys thread a couple days ago, beats me from having to type it again!

I have a little bit over 2400 KM's on my Eiger and it has never let me down, I have never got to the point where it would not spin its wheels, I will get hung up before it won't spin any more. We just got that snow storm here on saturday and we had almost a foot of snow, I was like SWEEEET that morning took out the Eiger and was gunning through the snow with no slowing down in sight, the mudlites also help, makes it like a freakin snowblower lol, so there is no shortage of power.

We have a gravelpit here (awesome gravel pit) my Eiger will do all the hills that the 2stroke dirtbikes and 2stroke 4wheelers (mainly banshees, and a honda 250r) except one called Banshee hill, so you can expect what that is like (almost straight up), granted it won't do it as fast because 2nd gear will only go so fast and 3rd is to high of a gear (goes about half way and then bogs down, just switch to second and it'll pull itself right up to the top).

Trails, perfect, quite smooth and handles excellent, can whip the machine just like a quad, front tires sit on the spot and rotate as the back end just whips right around.

me and my 2 friends made a table top and they both hit it on their TTR-125/CR-125, and 400EX, and the Eiger lands pretty smooth itself, the table is about 15feet long and almost 3 feet high, I accidently cleared it once and to my suprise it landed pretty decent!

anyway, just thought I'd fill in my experiences with the machine, I love it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

HELLO,
MY NAME IS HOLLYWOOD AND I AM A REPRESENATIVE WITH XTREME SUZUKI. RIGHT NOW I HAVE ROCK BOTTOM PRICES ON TH E EIGER. YOU CAN REACH HOLLYWOOD AT (866)848-0355.

Old 12-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well went out and bought one today. Only one little ride around the yard tonight, but it does have decent power. Sorry Xtreme, when you returned my call I had just signed the papers. Will take out tomorrow for a good ride and report back. Thanks for all the info.

Old 12-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: TimH
Well went out and bought one today. Only one little ride around the yard tonight, but it does have decent power. Sorry Xtreme, when you returned my call I had just signed the papers. Will take out tomorrow for a good ride and report back. Thanks for all the info.
if you dont mind what year did you get ,and what did it set you back? did you get the auto or a 5-spdr

Old 12-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Picked up a 2006 Eiger, auto, black. OTD price was $4850(tax and whatever?). Been great so far, but only put 8 miles on(riding on under 2acres) with my sons.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

Congratulations. I looooove my Eiger. Try a 127.5 main jet for more power. That's a sweet deal, too.

Quick Reply: Opinion on an Eiger, looking to get one