Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KFX400-brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005 | 02:22 AM
|
Range Rover
Default KFX400-brakes

so the bike is brand new. I have ridden maybe a total of 2 hours now. I notice that when I first hop on the brakes do not work at all. I can pump and pump but it doesn't seem to get the pistons moving. I do not think it is because of the cold weather, I do think it might be some snow around there? Or could it just be because of the brand new disc/pads. This is the first thing I have ever had to break in and first brand new thing I have ever bought so I am not familiar with this. I can't seem to find out whats wrong. Any suggestions or anyone else have similiar problems?

Old 12-18-2005 | 08:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX400-brakes

they should work in any weather. check the fluid level.and if there is still a problem take it back
to where you bought it and make them fix it

Old 12-18-2005 | 09:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default KFX400-brakes

If you were riding in snow and you don't have a heated place to store it then it could just be that there is a little ice sticking them up. About the only thing you can do is put it somewhere warm to melt the ice and see if they work then. if they still do the same thing then i would contact the dealer that i bought the machine from and have them fix it.

Old 12-19-2005 | 12:26 AM
|
Range Rover
Default KFX400-brakes

i work for the dealer i bought it from, haha. i fix everything though. i took the wheels off and i did notice a very thin layer of ice build up on the pads, so i cleaned that off, and everything works fine now.