Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT250S Rear Fender Mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT250S Rear Fender Mod

Well, I have won two of the auctions I was wanting to win on Ebay. When the parts arrive I will attempt my rear fender Mod and replace the broken rear fenders on the quad. Since my rear frame is bent on my quad I am going to cut it off and mount a Z400 subframe onto my existing chassis. That should be fairly straight forward. I also won a seat on Ebay which should make it easy to mount stock Z400 rear fenders. I also bought a z400 tank that may allow me to mount front fenders rather easily.

Who knows it may turn into a $200 debacle, but if so, it will just force me to straighten my stock rear subframe and reattach it.

Joe

PS. I will take photos as the project progresses.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

nice man I was thinking of doing that too, you got the white fenders and blue seat?? also the lt230s frame is the exact same frame as the one in the lt250s eh? I got a old frame in the shop and they are the same, i really hope everything works out for you and if it works i am going to get ahold of some fenders/seat/gas tank outta one

Old 12-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: skyharborcowboy
Well, I have won two of the auctions I was wanting to win on Ebay. When the parts arrive I will attempt my rear fender Mod and replace the broken rear fenders on the quad. Since my rear frame is bent on my quad I am going to cut it off and mount a Z400 subframe onto my existing chassis. That should be fairly straight forward. I also won a seat on Ebay which should make it easy to mount stock Z400 rear fenders. I also bought a z400 tank that may allow me to mount front fenders rather easily.

Who knows it may turn into a $200 debacle, but if so, it will just force me to straighten my stock rear subframe and reattach it.

Joe

PS. I will take photos as the project progresses.
Nice, I am really looking forward to seeing this...

Old 12-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

you putting the z400 front fenders on too?

Old 12-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DavidLT250S
you putting the z400 front fenders on too?
Me?...I dont think it will work....

Old 12-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

no i was talking to skyharborcowboy because i noticed half his front fender was broken off on his 250s

Old 01-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Range Rover

I got the rear subframe. That will be no problem to make work. It should be fairly easy to mount. I also got the fuel tank and I am not sure how that will work without first taking off my stocker again to see how it will line up. I intend to run Z400 front fenders as well but I have to get the back end sorted out first. I am currently building my roping arena so everything is on hold until that is done. I got the posts up today and have to weld on the top rail in the next few days so I may have an update to the project in a few weeks.

Joe

Old 01-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Range Rover

I hacked off the stock rear subframe today. The Z400 will be no problem to mount. I may even be able to use the rear master cylinder upper mounting bracket as a locator for that side of the quad. The Z400 will NOT work as there is no tunnel on it to fit over the stock frame. Surprisingly, the profile of the tank at the rear is very similar to the stocker so I dont see a problem there. I won an auction on Ebay for the complete set of plastic for $50 so when it arrives I can work out the mounts for the subframe. I may also build a longer swingarm for the thing is it is so simple a construction. Once I get all of the plastic and subframe mounted I will see what needs to be done.

This is going to turn out to be a fun little project.

Joe

Old 01-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

k nice i really hope the fenders will fit keep pics up of everything i really wanna get some good ideas on what to buy when i do my rebuild also i notcied in other posts you've been askin about newer sports quads if i were you i'd check into the z400/kfx400 and the raptor660(2002+)

Old 01-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Range Rover

I hacked off the stock rear subframe today. The Z400 subframe will be no problem to mount. I may even be able to use the rear master cylinder upper mounting bracket as a locator for that side of the quad. The Z400 TANK will NOT work as there is no tunnel on it to fit over the stock frame. Surprisingly, the profile of the tank at the rear is very similar to the stocker so I dont see a problem there. I won an auction on Ebay for the complete set of plastic for $50 so when it arrives I can work out the mounts for the subframe. I may also build a longer swingarm for the thing as it is so simple a construction. Once I get all of the plastic and subframe mounted I will see what needs to be done.

This is going to turn out to be a fun little project.

Joe

PS. I reposted this as I noticed some words were missing when I submitted the post.

Quick Reply: LT250S Rear Fender Mod