Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Yoshi ECM for King Quad! BAD News?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006 | 05:53 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Yoshi ECM for King Quad! BAD News?

Sorry about the ! I did not even realize I was doing that. Please excuse my bad habbit. I have gotto stop doing that, I know I say a period key here somewhere. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2006 | 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

New email that I just received from Malorie at Yosh: (DavAsh, I'm sure you have it as well.....)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
Just to update you on the King Quag ECM, the arrival date has been pushed back to late February. We have the board done, however, we are waiting for the shells. We will be mapping in mid-January, but still no information to release reguarding all functions, mapping setup, or pricing. I will keep you updated as I receive more information. Thank you for your patience!
Malorie
Yoshimura Sales
(909) 628-4722 ext 422
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 01-05-2006 | 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

and DavAsh it probably had a lot to do with you that she felt the need to update everyone!

Old 01-05-2006 | 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

RedKingQuad also posted in the other forums that he sent an e-mail to Malorie telling her about the dispute going on over these forums about whether the EMS was timing and fuel or just fuel and her exact response word for word was:

fuel only.

That scares me that she would be so plain about it instead of maybe feeding you a line about not having information or whatever else they always say. This machine has been out long enough and this has been b**ched about long enough; it's time for an enhanced ECM for the King. What the hell is the major malfunction. The people that say that we have waited this long and we can wait a little longer, I admire your patience. This is probably why I don't enjoy fishing very much. Suzuki and Yoshimura work almost hand-in-hand as far as aftermarket upgrades go and I for one will be very upset if this doesn't turn out to be what we were expecting for what, 6 months?

Old 01-05-2006 | 11:26 PM
|
Pro Rider

Sorry guys I just got home. I did put yet another call into Yoshi today. I was unable to speak with Garret but I was transferred to the sales department. I was almost surprised to find it was Malorie on the phone. My question was, "Will the Yoshi ECM control fuel and ignition or fuel only". Malorie reply was "Fuel only and it won't be available until the end of Feb and they will begin mapping next week for the King Quad, they had the boards and are waiting on the cases to come in". Sory, I got no more information than I am posting in this reply. Her reply to my question was like she had it written down in front of her. Now I see why, she sent out update emails today but I did not get that email. It might have been because I had talked to her on the phone. Thanks to you all for your effort in contacting Yoshi. We still need to show interest in all the companies (Yoshi, Power Commander, Doback and any other company) that could help us with the ignition problem. Heres one more question for the ages. How do we know that the lag is in the ignition? Please don't take offense to the question, just asking. Thanks guys and sorry about the unwanted news from Yoshi. i hope this is all a smoke screen and when the ECM is released that it will control both fuel as well as ignition. Lets all keep our fingers crossed.

Old 01-06-2006 | 03:54 AM
Pro Rider

I, for one, am fed up with the smoke and mirrors, 'We know nawwwwthing' about a lag crap, and 'we'll just remap the fuel' that comes our way.
I am going to phone the Yoshi group tomorrow and ask them, nicely and politely, if their proposed and boarded (therefore finished in design) ECM will ELIMINATE the lag or not.
If it will not then I will tell them that they might as well not release it and just toss it in the incinerator right now, because they will have failed the King Quad owners need completely.

We don't need another Dobeck.

We don't need another Power commander.

We need the lag dead and gone. Yesterday. COMPRENDO, SIGNORES?

I need a shot of scotch.....

Old 01-06-2006 | 09:51 AM
Range Rover

We need to clear a few things up once and for all.

They keep stating new "ECM". Will this be a full new replacement ECM or is this an add on product? If it is indeed the full ECM, the possibility exists that the timing issue will be corrected but the fuel will be the only user adjustable feature. That is perfectly acceptable to me and would be no different than adding a timing module or buying the Dynatek CDI as you can do for the Kawis with the exception that we could also adjust the fuel. Lets just hope that is the plan and we are just misunderstanding the technical points here. Maybe this is wishful thinking but they do have the knowhow to get this done. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2006 | 01:14 AM
|
Pro Rider

Hello again! I decided to contact a few more companies today about the need or desire for something to be done about the lag issue. I got a very fast reply from Velocity Devices.
This is a copy of my email to Velocity Devices.

" -----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 4:50 PM
To: info@velocitydevices.com
Subject: Info about product!

Hello! I have a 2005 Suzuki King Quad 700 and was wondering if you do or are planning on making any products for the King Quad? The king Quad has a built in retard below 10 MPH and the attempts from other companies have fallen short of even helping must less removeing the lag. There is a large demand for such a product. You can log onto any of the ATV forums to see the desire of King Quad owners to purchase such a device. I personly purchased a Power Commander under the impression that it would fix the problem with the lag. It was no help at all! Others have purchased the Dobeck unit with no inprovement! A couple of the forum address are:
http://www.highlifter.com/ubbthreads....php?Cat=0&C=3

http://www.highlifter.com/ubbthreads....php?Cat=0&C=3

http://forums.atvconnection.com/cate...m/catid/12.cfm

Thanks for your reply and attenion to this matter!
David Ashby

Copy of reply from Velocity Devices.

Hi David,

We are planning on developing a replacement CDI for the KQ700. We haven't started development yet, but it is in our plans for this year.

Lyle "
Give some of these companies a reason to get on this issue for us. If they don't know we will buy it why should they build it. Thanks Guys.

Old 04-07-2006 | 07:06 PM
Trailblazer

I haven't seen the product yet, or heard if anyone has one on the market yet. Last post on this issue was in early January, just wondering if anyone has any updates on the new ECM for the KQ, thanks.

Old 04-07-2006 | 08:09 PM
|
Pro Rider

Hello,
Yoshi has released it and it is nothing more than a Power Commander. Does the same thing and nothing else. Just cost double to do the same thing. Almost $500 to get both the unit and the box to adjust the maps.
You can find a lot more info about it and other things on the NYROC site.

Thanks
David

Quick Reply: Yoshi ECM for King Quad! BAD News?