Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Yoshi ECM for King Quad! BAD News?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yoshi ECM for King Quad! BAD News?

I decided to give them a call today and see if it would be possible to speak to a human! It worked! I spoke to someone in Tech support! Got the news on the new ECM that I did not want to hear! He said it was looking like the end of FEB!!!! Thats not the worst of it! I asked him if it was going to do both fuel and ignition! Here is where i wish that I was setting down! he said NO!!! It would only do the fuel not the ignition!
I have been reading post for quit some time now that say both fuel and ignition! Where has this information been coming from! Has there been any communication with yoshi other than the Reply from Malorie that we all seem to get! I hope that the guy that i was talking to did not know what he was talking about! He should seeing he works in tech support at Yoshi!
Has anyone else talked to a real live person at Yoshi about this! The email that I have recieved twice now says " help with the ignition lag" not remove, fix, or adjust the ignition in any way!
Sorry to be the one to give this news! I didn't want to hear it myself!
Someone! Anyone! Please tell me they have proof that the tech at Yoshi was wrong!
If he wasn't! We need to contact Power Commander and Dobeck to show them that there is a demand for items for the King Quad Lag !

Old 01-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

Dave do you fish? You should approach this yoshi thing as a fisherman.... patience! We are all waiting for the same thing and I imagine the first one will not be what we expect but I have patience and I am sure yoshi will come through. It may not be in the first release but historically (and we know history repeats itself) when cdi units are released they change alot. The first ones test the waters and the 2d, 3rd or even 4th may finally get it right.

I want to thank you for your effort in calling.

In the mean time I have looked into a set of 27" swamplites for my king. I will probably install the epi kit shortly thereafter thanks to your great posts.

Bob

Old 01-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

DavAsh,

Not a whole lot of help but maybe another contact.....this is the response I received from an email I sent them in Oct:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
We are making an ECM to reduce the "low end lag" produced by this bike. Although it is still in research and development, I have an expected time of arrival for January. If you would like to be contacted when this part comes in, please send over your contact information, including your name, address, and phone number so I can send over an 06' Catalog as well as call you when the part comes in. Thank you for your interest in Yoshimura!
Please send your contact information to:
malorie@yoshimura-rd.com

Malorie
Yoshimura Sales
(909) 628-4722 ext 422
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The email address that I used was sale@yoshimura-rd.com

I don't own an ATV yet but the '06 KQ and '06 Rincon are my two top choices. (waiting on word on a new job still......my old employer transitioned to the northeast....about 1,000 miles away)

Old 01-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Ha Bob! Yes sir I fish, one of my greatest passions in life! you want to go sometime! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ! Patience is not one of my bigest assets! Unless i am fishing or hunting! After listening to my first dealer that told me the power commander I wasn't going to listen to another salesman tell me something that may or may not be true! After talking to Garret today at Yoshi I was wondering if everyone else was listening to there salesmen or had facts! I called them back after my first post and they said to call back tommarrow to talk to a person in R&D named Jirka! Maybe he will have some good news! As to the fishing! When you go on a fishing trip you want to at least know what type of fish to take bait for! Just looking for details or better yet facts!

Stocks that is the same email that they have been sending out for mounths! I got the same email from Malorie several weeks ago and then again today after i emailed her again last week! I refired to it in my original post! Thanks for the input! I was just looking for some updated info from yoshi!
P.S. I would buy the king ! I know what it is like to have to wait on job info and to have to move because of a job!
Thanks Guys! I will let you know what I find out tomarrow!

Old 01-04-2006, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

This is truly disturbing news, if true. Bob, I know exactly what you mean, but unfortunately if even the first ECM doesn't adjust timing at all, chances are neither will any that follow because fuel modules have been out for a very good amount of time (Dobeck and PowerCommander). I am thinking maybe he was mistaken because why would it take so long to get this product out if the exact same technology already existed in the market, especially from a company so closely-tied to Suzuki itself?

Old 01-04-2006, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know any thing about your bikes, but if you are looking for a timing advance you can modify your stock timing plate to manually advance your timing. You would have to remove your fly wheel, and stator, then timing plate. You would need a dremel and carbide grinding tip. Take your plate and elongate the mounting holes [the holes that hold the timing plate to the motor] in one direction {I don't know which direction since I've never seen your motors}so that you can rotate the timing plate in relationship to the flywheel. This is common for banshee owners, and the principles apply to all motors. I have no idea how much timing advance your motors would like. Banshees like 4 degrees. For every 1mm you rotate the timing plate, it's equal to 1 degree of advance.

Old 01-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Screws up the EFI.

Old 01-04-2006, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

You know, I never thought of that. I'm livin in the world of carbs.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

Just an update! Just called Yoshi! Now Garret said that he needs to talk to a different person! For me to call him back tomarrow! That he way mistaken Jirka was not working on the King Quad project! That the person that is was not in the office today!

How about it BOB! I have boat, will travel! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Thanks guys!

Old 01-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

Just curious, and please don't take this as adversarial or critical, Dav Ash... it's just my curiosity...
Why does every sentence end in an exclamation mark?

Waiting patiently for the good ECM.
And wondering why Suzuki, alone of all manufacturers, sees it necessary to cripple its own product.

Quick Reply: Yoshi ECM for King Quad! BAD News?