ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/226867-85-88-suzuki-lt230s-quadsport-help.html)

PoolGod230 02-17-2008 05:01 PM

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

How is the welding coming?</end quote></div>

Pretty darn good! Thin stuff still gives me fits, but coming along!
Just finishing up a big Rake like thing to pull behind the wifes quad to make tearing up the back yard easier.... Just old wagon wheels, a couple pipes, bars to put weights on, 1/2in rebar teeth!! Ugly, but should be able to rip the ground pretty good.. Anything to lessen my use of the "S" word.... SHOVEL!

Clean_salvaged_BRI 02-17-2008 05:46 PM

hey randy, I do not believe in microsoft. I use stricly linux, ubuntu. I am not sure witch applate to reinstall that ran the sites forums page. I am gonna grab the wifes mac again when i get home.

Yea it is hard to type and clean the garage, I need some voice recognition software so I dont have to type.

I ordered a new wiseco for my 230. some slight smoke I dont like. I know it is the piston not the rings becuase of what happened in the first rebuild. scored it for 64.99 should be here monday. I will be at the shop all night tuesday puttin it in.

JustRandy 02-17-2008 05:53 PM

Sounds like fun! The guy that sold me the steel building gave me a thing like that. It has little steel rods that poke in the ground and a place to put weights. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I got one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] He said its good for planting grass n stuff like that. Of course, I already planted a 2-3000 sq ft of grass last fall... A little late on that one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Instead of tearing at the ground, I just got some dirt n sand n whatever I could find to throw over the grass seed. Easier than scraping n scraping.

Think I'm going to have to start work on a plow next. Grandma said something about watermelons and cucumbers this yr and since I'm the guy with all the land..... Man, I wish I had that 250 4wd running... I don't think the bayou can pull a plow. Maybe I'll use my truck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Welcome to redneckville!

JustRandy 02-17-2008 06:00 PM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Clean_salvaged_BRI

hey randy, I do not believe in microsoft. I use stricly linux, ubuntu. I am not sure witch applate to reinstall that ran the sites forums page. I am gonna grab the wifes mac again when i get home. </end quote></div>

Cool! Never got into linux, but if I had the time I would. I'm lucky to understand microsux's stuff. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Yea it is hard to type and clean the garage, I need some voice recognition software so I dont have to type.</end quote></div>

They got em. I usually come in from the garage for a while and see if I have any messages and then go back out. I track lots of dirt in the house that way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I ordered a new wiseco for my 230. some slight smoke I dont like. I know it is the piston not the rings becuase of what happened in the first rebuild. scored it for 64.99 should be here monday. I will be at the shop all night tuesday puttin it in. </end quote></div>

You gonna bore the jug?

Have you run across any 250 4wd's yet? I need some parts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

JustRandy 02-17-2008 06:02 PM

PG, just remember welding the thin stuff you have to build it up so its thicker. Just blob some weld on it and let it cool. Blob some more n let it cool until you have enough steel there to give it full force. Then it all smoothes out and looks nice.

PoolGod230 02-17-2008 06:08 PM

PG, just remember welding the thin stuff you have to build it up so its thicker. Just blob some weld on it and let it cool. Blob some more n let it cool until you have enough steel there to give it full force. Then it all smoothes out and looks nice.</end quote></div>

Ya, I are a slow learner![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Kinda like the not wearing gloves thing... The sparks don't hurt, but my hands kept itching the next day and my kid would ask what stinks after I would weld..
Duh, burning the hair off my hands and arms.... Think it only took me a week to figure that one out.

BigMc 02-17-2008 06:23 PM

Still lookin for a 230 fram. I wold love a rollin chassis, but am not picky. Haddnt herd from anyone yet. Still haddnt heard from my local guy either. Ill keep trying.

JustRandy 02-17-2008 06:41 PM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

PG, just remember welding the thin stuff you have to build it up so its thicker. Just blob some weld on it and let it cool. Blob some more n let it cool until you have enough steel there to give it full force. Then it all smoothes out and looks nice.</end quote></div>

Ya, I are a slow learner![img][/img]

Kinda like the not wearing gloves thing... The sparks don't hurt, but my hands kept itching the next day and my kid would ask what stinks after I would weld..

Duh, burning the hair off my hands and arms.... Think it only took me a week to figure that one out.</end quote></div>

LMAO! Just don't let one go in your shoe! And I tell ya what, if one ever gets in your ear, you'll never forget it! [img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

JustRandy 02-17-2008 06:51 PM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BigMc

Still lookin for a 230 fram. I wold love a rollin chassis, but am not picky. Haddnt herd from anyone yet. Still haddnt heard from my local guy either. Ill keep trying.</end quote></div>

Maybe Bri has one. He's been parting 230's out. Could try asking people that are selling 230 stuff on ebay too. I always wondered what ever became of the frames from the quads they part out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] What would it cost to ship something like that???

I have one, but I need it to make more a-arms (one of these days). I think I'm going to take your idea and run with it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I've collected 4 sets of arms off ebay so far. Now if I could just find some extra time on ebay. [img]i/expressions/clock.gif[/img] Each set takes about a week of good solid garage time. Eat, sleep, n work. But, I figure if I make a few sets at one time, I can get a production line going and cut the time in half per unit. We'll see.

Clean_salvaged_BRI 02-17-2008 07:07 PM

hey big mc send me another e-bay note. I cleaned up my folder and accidently deleted your letter. (didn't catch the name) to contact you. that way I can save your name on my ebay.

shipping a frame is not hard if you have a ups name and ship enough through them to get the better rates. some people have actually asked me to load frames on greyhound buses as luggage and they pick it up at the terminal. even greyhound makes side money on moving things with their spare space. personally I just offer ups freight and the driver picks it up at my garage door.