ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/226867-85-88-suzuki-lt230s-quadsport-help.html)

PoolGod230 02-20-2008 12:21 AM

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

So, I ain't done yet.....

what are we gonna be bumpin with the 3000 watts of fury in the s10?

JustRandy 02-20-2008 12:23 AM

Me??? Oh, ok,,,, thought you was talking about me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

defconatv 02-20-2008 07:48 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome! Just wanted to say you guys are great! I was trying to read up on this thread, til I realized I was in 2006! And I was on page 12 of 140 and some odd pages! I just don't have the time to go through all that, so if I ask some of the same questions that have been asked a million times before I'm sorry. Anyway, I think it's great that you guys have been helping people make sense of the qs 230 for this long!

My riding buddies have a newer 250 dirt bike, a raptor 660, and a new yamaha 450! I ride in the back cause I have no back brake, but I keep up! I mean, how fast can u really go on narrow trails anyway? Thats all that matters to me. I just want to have fun. I never expected to win races, or show off. My friends can't understand why I have such an old quad, but none of them have 3 kids and another on the way! I love the fact that the qs is easy to work on. I'm mechanically inclined, but to a point. Those new quads are a pain to work on. Which means the service department I can't afford. Let's not forget parts! Your not gonna find raptor 660 parts on ebay for 80% less than OEM prices! Something breaks, I can usually fix it myself, and for a fraction of what it would cost if it were a newer quad.

Honestly, I find the quad to be quite peppy, and extremely fun to ride. Maybe cause it's my first quad. All I know is, I can't afford a newer quad, and if i could, I couldn't afford the service, parts, etc... Cause sooner or later, they all break! Basically, it works for me. I think theres probaly alot of people out there that think like this. It's like a 60's muscle car compared to a 2006 Honda Accord.

And you know what I find funny as hell! Both the other quads I ride with got stuck in a sippi hole that I blasted right through! Old piece of crap huh, LOL! It has some low end torque you just don't find on these newer machines.

What I am basically saying is if your considering buying a quad and your low on budget, this is definately a quad u should consider! Or if you just got one, you made a good investment. People who have money to waste just can't understand this, but being dollarly challenged I do. Even an amatuer could probaly tear half this quad apart and put it back together. A repair manual is definately a good idea, they have them on ebay for $20! Parts are readily available on ebay too, and they're cheap!

So thats what I had to say, sorry for venting, and going on and on.

I plan to post some more with the slew of minor problems I have and I'm sure that I can resolve them all in the next few weeks, and hopefully, help some people out who have similar problems.

-John (or Def if you prefer!)

PoolGod230 02-20-2008 08:03 PM

So thats what I had to say, sorry for venting, and going on and on.

I plan to post some more with the slew of minor problems I have and I'm sure that I can resolve them all in the next few weeks, and hopefully, help some people out who have similar problems.

-John (or Def if you prefer!)</end quote></div>

I am quite the rambler myself on occasion!!!
Don't worry about repeating, we tend to recycle info!

BigMc 02-20-2008 09:16 PM

4 JL 10W3V3 8 ohm subs, 2 per side in parrallel to provide a nice easy 4 ohm load per channel for my L.P. 5002. i dont know about you but, when you start useing 2 and 1 ohm configs to sqeeze that last bit of power you paid for from a "high current" amp, you just pay for it in a lack of headroom. My 5002 is rated at 250 per channel at 4 ohm. But at 2 ohm it almost doubles. Thats 1000 watts total power. That will give me all the headroom I need for those music peaks ( more like lows, very, very, very low) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My box is tuned for a 35 hz cutoff at 3db down. With a total cone surface area of..........(help J.R.) In a 2003 extended cab S10......OH YEAH!!!!!!
And thats just the low end. Up front I have 2 sets (1 per side, in the doors and in the pods) POLK Audio MOMO's 6 1/2 component's. There driven by a L.P. 2502IQ set up for 2 ohm stereo. Thats about 125 watts per set, per side. Now, arent you glad you asked? I am.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

So, I ain't done yet.....

what are we gonna be bumpin with the 3000 watts of fury in the s10?</end quote></div>

BigMc 02-20-2008 10:04 PM

def John [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That could be DJ. Oh yeah........DJ230. I think you missed your calling man. Anyway.......

You bring up a good point. With the 230 getting older (and older and older and..) The factory parts are becoming rediallly available. All but the frame anyway.
Its funny though, ive been asked several times what my 230 was. One guy asked me and, after the fact, the quad was older then he was. You GOTTA love that. He was just floored by the idea that a 20 year old quad cold roost like that (all go, no show) u know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] One kick wonder P.G........
And the ease of repair is a BIG plus. It would take me 2 hours just to take the plastic off my Big Bear.

Bring on the slew of small issues. That would keep us on point. I cant understand those guys that want to get on here and talk about the stereos and stuff....

PoolGod230 02-20-2008 10:15 PM

Ha! Yer killin me![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Wow, I am glad I never got THAT into the stereos....

I'm lost enough on the bike!!

What I meant was, what kind of music????

PoolGod230 02-20-2008 10:18 PM

Ah man, must resist, but the pull of the dark side is strong!!!
Cheap badass boingers....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

BigMc 02-20-2008 10:21 PM

OH, Sorry man. I guess I get carried away sometime.
Im a fan of music. All music. Country, rock, rap, new age, pop. If it has a good beat and/or a message, Ill listen to it.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Ha! Yer killin me![img][/img]

Wow, I am glad I never got THAT into the stereos....

I'm lost enough on the bike!!

What I meant was, what kind of music????</end quote></div>

gforce34 02-20-2008 10:21 PM

Def, I would advise getting a CT99 Chain tensioner they are sold now on ebay for $40.00. You can click on profile pictures because a few of us already have it and see where we install it on the frame. This has stopped my C.C.O.S from happening to this point.