Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

NEW LT450 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006 | 03:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default NEW LT450 Owners

SS97,

Good reply! Yeah I knew that but it was really weird. I just never expected such dramatic changes. No, there is no woods riding for me. Just dunes! I used to live back there (Jersey), and when the DOD gave me a chance to transfer, I jumped on it. I've ridden every track back there, Unadilla, Broome-Tioga, Ace, Walden, Fishkill, Clavarack, Frozen Ocean.... Let me just say if you every get the chance, dune ride. You'll be hooked for life! Glamis is so large, and has all the aspects you would every need. Whoops got 'em, jumps got 'em, hills got 'em, bowls got 'em, doubles got 'em, technical off cambers got 'em. I love living out here, best move I ever made!

Old 02-28-2006 | 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default NEW LT450 Owners

I just took my 450 to Pismo, but had already pulled the lid, arrestor, added the Cherry Bomb, and ran U4. I took a YFZ450 that just had a full exhaust, jetting, and running without the lid. I got the 450 every time by a half to full quad length. I traded in my Z400, and what a difference in power. If anyone gets a hold of the ltr450, pull the lid, remove the arrestor and buy the Cherry Bomb for 40 bucks!! Well worth it. I can't say one negative thing about my 450 except the price was a little high. I have the full Yoshi exhaust on order which should make a little bit more of a difference. This Zookie will smoke any 450 with the above modifications.

Old 03-19-2006 | 11:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default NEW LT450 Owners

Hey Tanman,

Got another question for you. When you went to the dunes did you pull the airbox lid and keep the stock filter? I am heading up to Cali this weekend and was worried about sucking sand with the stock filter.

Thanks,
RoosterWilly

Old 03-20-2006 | 10:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default NEW LT450 Owners

RW,

Sorry I was away all weekend, and just got back. Yeah, lid off, stock filter. What I did I spoke of on other threads, I went old school. Long before Outerwares ever came out we did one thing, panty hose! Yeah, I know it sounds weird, but that's what we did back in the day. Take your time and slide the filter in one leg, all the way to the end. If you rush, you'll get runs, LOL, just like the ladies. Trim around the intake side, leave the other side alone. Just drive the screw through it. It gave me peace of mind. the last thing I needed is sand destroying a brand new motor. It worked well, no problems. Hope this tip helps everyone, until Outerwares comes out with their stuff.

Scott

Old 03-21-2006 | 05:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default NEW LT450 Owners

Loving my LTR. Ive been spending some time getting re-acquainted with the MX track, other than being behind a camera. It really surprises the racers out there that have spent thousands on aftermarket accessories on their Yamahas and Hondas and they see me right in there, mixing it up with them, basically stock. (I did the Cherry Bomb, Opened the pipe and airbox lid off. I also tweaked the dampning a bunch, it was way too slow and stiff).

As for the competition's opinion of the bike once they ride it? They really like it. It sure raised the bar for the other manufacturers. And to have a bike this good, right out of the dealer. It is well worth the price.

As for the airbox, Trinity has an airbox adaptor, K&N Filter and outerwears cover already on the market for your LTR, FYI.

Bear[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2006 | 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default NEW LT450 Owners

Sounds like they should have spent their money on a riding school.

Old 03-21-2006 | 08:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default NEW LT450 Owners

Ive heard great and interesting things about the new LT450... Im thinking about getting one for the lady..lol, Of course it will get stripped down and built for the hill. But I think this bike is a great all arounder. Whats a good OTD price for these ?? Thanks.

Old 03-21-2006 | 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default NEW LT450 Owners

I don't think there is a "good" OTD price for the ltr450's right now. You will probably pay 7500-8200$$$$ until they saturate the market a little bit. Still lovn my LT-R450. Thanks for the info on trinity K&N. Look for YFZ match-up in next months ATV magazine.

Old 03-22-2006 | 12:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default NEW LT450 Owners

Thanks for the info bro, Im gonna wait till the price goes down or the new ds IF it comes out.

Old 03-22-2006 | 01:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default NEW LT450 Owners

I just got my ATV Sport in the mail today and there's a big write up on the LTR450 tested at Glen Helen. They ran it against moded YFZ's and 450R's and guess what... the stock LTR (with the exception of a $40 part) went 3-3... Go figure... Nice to see in black and white what LTR owners figured out in the month or so that we've had our LTR's...

Hopefully the haters will start to listen...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEW LT450 Owners