Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

z400 vs banshee

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006 | 01:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default z400 vs banshee

I hate to start some crap on here...but contrary to popular beleif a stock banshee vs. stock z400 the banshee will not win. I saw this with my own eyes over and over again. I was out riding a few weeks ago and there was a brand new banshee completely stock and a stock kfx400 (same as z400) and it whipped the **** out of that p.o.s. banshee. I know this as a fact because I feel the same way about yamahack as i feel about dodge...garbage. I was surprised to see that the banshee was getting whipped by a 4 stroke and I even talked to the owners of both bikes. Now I also saw a brand new 450r race a couple of heavily modded banshees and the banshees got spanked. So to end all the speculation, a stock banshee will lose to a z400 about 4-5 bike lengths in a drag race. Who cares if the banshee wins anyway, its a crappy trail bike and its useless unless you like to drag race only....now go ahead and start the arguing.....

Old 02-27-2006 | 09:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default z400 vs banshee

Ltz guy do you want to start an arguement? 9 out of 10 people on here will tell you a z will lose to a banshee, in a drag race. This is with equal riders, and with equal skills. Of course you throw some chump on a banshee and a pro on the z and i expect the better rider to have a better launch. But back when my z was stock i raced a stock banshee. The results...I lost. By a pretty good margin i might add. But i did hold my own for about the first 100' or so. Peace.

Old 02-27-2006 | 09:29 AM
Trailblazer
Default z400 vs banshee

the banshee will win.

Old 02-27-2006 | 09:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default z400 vs banshee

hmmm not to be an dik but i raced both and the banshee was an easier race, it mostly depends on whos riding it banshee has more potential, if ridden correctly they can be the fastest drag quad

Old 02-27-2006 | 02:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default z400 vs banshee

Stock Z400 beating a Banshee in a drag race???? HAHAHAHAHHA!!! My LT250r will beat my friends KFX400 (with a Pro-Circuit pipe) in a drag & you know what happens to my LT vs. a Banshee in a drag race.............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2006 | 03:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default z400 vs banshee

mcquads - it comes down to one thing between the two quads... 2 stroke vs 4 stroke... is your 'mate' planning on just trail riding it, mudding it, or racing it??? and even with that... does he know how to ride a 2-stroke???? That's the bottom line.... you have to keep two stokes rev'd up... and in the powerband. Where the Z400 can be shifted in pretty much any RPM. Sure you'll bog it down a bit, but can be ridden through that gear. BUT, if you keep doing this with a banshee, you'll end messing up the crank in the long run along with spark plugs.

If your mate does know how to ride 2 strokes, tell him to get it now before they are discontinued. And you better plan on pumping up your 400 because otherwise you better invest in alot of tear aways bacause you will be eating alot of mud. You should look at adding cams and putting new valves to keep up. On a tight track you'l be able to hold your own but on a straight away he'll eventually get into the band and be long gone. No one can argue that the banshee is and probably will always be the top dog in drag racing. But more and more people are going with 4 strokes because it's easier to simply ride them in the trails and sand.

Old 02-27-2006 | 03:35 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default z400 vs banshee

Originally posted by: s9195
mcquads - it comes down to one thing between the two quads... 2 stroke vs 4 stroke... is your 'mate' planning on just trail riding it, mudding it, or racing it??? and even with that... does he know how to ride a 2-stroke???? That's the bottom line.... you have to keep two stokes rev'd up... and in the powerband. Where the Z400 can be shifted in pretty much any RPM. Sure you'll bog it down a bit, but can be ridden through that gear. BUT, if you keep doing this with a banshee, you'll end messing up the crank in the long run along with spark plugs.

If your mate does know how to ride 2 strokes, tell him to get it now before they are discontinued. And you better plan on pumping up your 400 because otherwise you better invest in alot of tear aways bacause you will be eating alot of mud. You should look at adding cams and putting new valves to keep up. On a tight track you'l be able to hold your own but on a straight away he'll eventually get into the band and be long gone. No one can argue that the banshee is and probably will always be the top dog in drag racing. But more and more people are going with 4 strokes because it's easier to simply ride them in the trails and sand.
hes made a complete u-turn and is now looking into 4 strokes the honda 400ex in particular. thanks for your info

Old 02-27-2006 | 03:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default z400 vs banshee

how good of a mate is he???? ever hear the phrase "friends don't let friends by hondas"???

don't get me wrong, the honda 400ex is called a bullet proof quad.... but I wouldn't buy one.... but the motors are reliable from what I hear.... don't tell him that you have more hp out of the box then he does.... and you may want to get him some tear offs..... just as a new-quad-owner gift...

here's a suggestion - I'd sell him your Z400, take that $$$ and buy yourself the LTR450 or the YFZ450...

Old 02-27-2006 | 03:55 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default z400 vs banshee

yeah ano. i just got the z a few months ago but, so ill stick with it a while

Old 02-27-2006 | 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default z400 vs banshee

A z400 is more versitile than the yfz, and ltr 450's. Plus you have the added feature of reverse. So i think you'll have more fun on that 400 than just about any other quad made, unless you are into flat out racing, or just want the fastest quad. I have more fun on my z than anything else ive rode, except the 300ex. Those are fun little bikes. Besides who cares if your buddies bike handles alittle better, or is faster accelerating, its about how much fun you have on YOUR quad. That is why so many 400's are sold, be it a ex or a z.

Quick Reply: z400 vs banshee