Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Need Help with KQ

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 12:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with KQ

Alright guys, I basically sunk my 2005 KQ 700 fourwheeler tonight. accidently...However I got out. It definitely got water inside the tranny or belt housing. Is there a drain plug or do I have to take off the plate where the belt is. It is slipping. What do i do?
Thanks.

Old 03-12-2006, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

You may want to search around for this. There definitely is a drain plug though, I just don't know where.

Old 03-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Range Rover

snoody,

Depending on when your KQ was built you may or may not have an access hole for the drain plug... The KQ drain plug is located on the right hand side of the bike under the belt case cover just forward of the right footpeg... If there is not access hole already in your skid plate you will need to lift the bike up on it's rear end and remove the skid plate to get to it. Also most of the water will come out when you set it on it's rear.

Neither one of my 05 KQ's had an access hole in the skid plate so I used a 3inch hole saw to provide access on the trail.

Good Luck,

Hibrass

Old 03-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Trailblazer

After he finds the drain plug should he take off the outside plate where the belt is and clean that? Or would he be alright... Just wondering about the rust and corrosion..

Old 03-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

he should definitly take the cover off and clean it all out, especially the rollers-----drain plug is under right foot peg, just inside frame rail, use needlenose pliers to pull it out through the hole in skidplate