Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

lt450

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt450

I bought a new lt450 2 days ago and I already have about 10 hours on it. I noticed after riding for a while it seemed to have had more power... I have been reading other posts and apparently i need to get a cherry bomb for this beast.... Could someone give me a link to where I can purchase one on the internet.. I am very new to quads first one I have ever owned and the reason I chose the lt450 is because of all the reviews... Also I think the picture on the suzuki website sucks of the bike but in person its amazing on how much better looking they are... I really like them and the headlight is kinda weird but i have adjusted to it... Its like my gsxr600 headlight once you ride it for a while you grow on it...

Old 03-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default lt450

your local dealer should have them in stock. If not, there are 2 listed in eBay currently.

Congrats on your new ride... be sure to remove the air box lid and spark arrestor/silencer from the stock pipe. It opens the engine up big time...

Old 03-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default lt450

so if i remove the airbox lid it wont get dirt in it and destroy the motor will it? do I need to get an aftermarket filter? oh and also how long do i ride it before i change out the oiler for the first time ?? thanks alot for the help [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default lt450

What I do with all new motors, once break in is completed I and ride it for about 2 hours at 75% then change out all the fluids. Some people I've seen only change the oil/oil filter. I change even the coolant. Havn't blown a motor yet either 2 or 4 stroke (while I'm knocking on wood)...

Regarding the air box lid, if you ride in a really dusty area and you run a K&N, don't ride w/out an outerwear over it. K&N filters flow better because they have larger air-holes....thus particles can get through....

With the stock foam filters you should be ok this time of year. As long as you keep it clean and enough tacky spray on it you're ok IMOA.

When I ran a few weeks ago in the sand dunes I ran w/out air lid BUT I put a nylon stocking over the box lid. Ghetto old school but it works..... I havn't run my LTR w/ the airbox at all. Infact, the only time I've run w/the spark arrestor was at Hollister Hills because they make sure you have one b-4 you even get in the front door and will give you a ticket if they catch you riding there w/out one. Big difference w/the arrestor on (less power). Thats why I love the dunes....