Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

'05 Kingquad or '05 Rincon

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 Kingquad or '05 Rincon

Go with the King and put a UNI in it. I have ridden one a couple of times and loved the ride. I would get one but the wife says no since my eiger is only a year old.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was debating the same thing right after the KQ was released in late '04. I decided with all the bad news on the tranny problems I would go with the Rincon. I'm glad I did. Looking back on it, I would much rather have a very reliable machine that's a little underpowered and handles great than one that I always had to worry about the tranny going out.

The way Suzuki handled the whole tranny issue was totally wrong, and I'm glad I never had to go thru that! If you're buying an '05, make sure it has the new bearing retrofit in the tranny, or don't touch it!

Old 05-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Trailblazer

What about the well known problems w/ the Rincon trannies????

Old 05-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer

Come on now BillyMack don't leave me hanging. Elaborate on the tranny problem in the Rincon.

I'm wanting a side by side (Rhino) but have heard a lot of bad on them as well. Mainly oil usage. I'd like to know more about that. I think my dad is fixing to buy one though. He's only 72 yrs young, but I think he wants to see what all the fuss is about the rhino and the sand dunes.

Thanks for all the comments and keep them coming. It may be decided on the flip of a coin.

Later
Batman
<><

Old 05-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

Ok ill throw a monkey wrench in here , Dont sell yourself short check out the BF 650 i , it has a good write up and has more accelleration than the old 650 V, due to engine and tranny changes, I will check it out when my dealer gets one, I will sell my Griz and most likely go back to Kawi, dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the griz , I just want more snap in stock form.Good luck.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

I've been on this forum maybe a year now, and I've seen more people bashing the 05 Rincon than any thing else.... and really it's hard to argue that it's inferior to others in it's class with the lack of a front diff locker and most importantly a LOW GEAR!!! In comparasion to the KQ the 05' Rincon isn't nearly as good and plus it's more expensive.
I have the 05 KQ, and while it's not perfect it's certainly excellent bang for the buck. The EFI on the KQ is awesome, the mid range and top end power is great(72 mph)...but the low end is detuned for saftey by Suzuki (called the low end lag). On a flat open area if you gun this thing you'll be up to 50 in no time at all and then before you know it your hitting the governor at 72. For the price the KQ is awesome, it's got very smooth power and not much vibration for it's big single....this is a no brainer to me-----get the 05' King over the 05' Rincon!!

Old 05-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer

I agree!!! As far as the Rincon tranny goes, I'm not sure what the exact problem is, but I KNOW it has had some major problems. Do a search in here and you'll see what I mean. I WILL give credit where it's due though. The Rincon has BY FAR the BEST ride of any atv I've ever ridden ( Yamahas, Polaris, Suzuki, etc. ) I just think " for the money " there's NO comparison between the two. Honda's "in general" are probably the best bikes made, but they are WAAAAAAYYYY too expensive in my book!!!!! You could spend the difference in price on hop-ups and have a MUCH better quad. There's my other .02c

Old 05-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Trailblazer

I need to sell 03 Rancher 4x4 before I make the decision.

any more comments? I've heard good and bad on both.

Batman
<><

Old 05-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer

Let's throw the Kawasaki VT 640i into the mix. Any comments on this one?

Thanks
Batman
<><

Old 05-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Davash-
Where did you get the blue lenses on your king? I like them!

Quick Reply: '05 Kingquad or '05 Rincon