Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Extended Warranty KQ

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warranty KQ

Ok, looking to see what "deals" others got on extended warranties, not only for the KQ but for Eigers or others. When I got my KQ about 1.5 months ago they asked if I wanted an extended warranty. Well of course I said "sure" , "how much is it?" . "Well lets see" "about $800 for a one year warranty, and from what I understood it wasnt a one year warranty that begins after my 6 month factory goes out, to give me 1.5 years of coverage, it was actually only 6 months addittional to make my 6 month factory dealer a one year warranty. Im gonna call the dealer today and reconfirm that "deal", I know my cousing got a one year on his Kawi, I could of sworn he said something like $100. Maybe Im crazy.

Old 05-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Range Rover

A lot of us paid about $400 for the 4 year warranty, that is 4 years total. The factory warranty is only 6 months so the 4 year buys you 3 1/2 extra years. I think the list for that is about $800.

Check Ebay. That is where most of us got the deals or at least got a price to bargain with the dealer. I prefer to buy local but for hundreds of dollars, I will go elsewhere. Just be sure to check the details. You want the official Suzuki SEP, not some aftermarket one. That way, you can go to any dealer you want. Also be sure of the length of the warranty. Just read all of the fine print.

One more thing, if you are going to buy an extended warranty, be sure to do so within the first 6 months of ownership. You cannot add the Suzuki plan after that first 6 months.

Old 05-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, I called dealer i bought quad at, the first guy gave me some wrong info, kinda. Right now apparently suzuki has a deal on the warrentys going, $399 for 12 month ( 6 month actually, as suzuki seems to be the only ones that start your extended warranty on the day of purchase, that sucks real bad cause your paying for the 6 months you already got" free", and the 6 month add on. they sell kawis and yamaha there too, and said those extended warranties start on the day your 6 month factory warranty expires.)
Anyway, suzuki wants
$399 for 12 months ( actually only 6 months)
$450 for 24 month ( 18 month actually again),
$650 for 36 month ( again only actually 30 months)
$775 for 48 months( again only 42 months)
bad thing is the "DEAL" only last to 31 MAY 06 , then the 12 month $399 will double to $799 for 12 months, ( again really only 6 months) and so on for the other months.

Old 05-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Range Rover

That is way too high. You can do a lot better than that. Like I said, $400, maybe $500 for a full 4 years, 6 months + 3 1/2 years, total 4 years. And that is an official SEP that can be used at any Suzuki dealership nationwide.

Check Ebay or I know there was info for them on Nyroc.

Here is from a quick search on Ebay, $419.99 + $2.95 shipping, Official Suzuki SEP, 48 Month Total Warranty = 6 Month Factory + 42 Month Extended

So as you can see, the prices you were qoted are way high.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genui...spagenameZWD1V

Old 05-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

""" EXTENDED WARRANTYS ARE A RIP OFF"""" !!!!! Don't buy them! The Dealer will find ANY excuse not to honor any problem you may have. Read the fine print on the extended warranty I bet the dealer never gave you the contract to read, and I bet if you ask for a copy he will give you some dumb excuse or he will LIE and tell you whats covered and NOT covered. First the warranty will NOT cover any abuse or neglect and its up to the dealer to call the shots, if you forget to have ur oil changed in a certain time the dealer can void ur warranty even if you paid for it and you won't get ur money back, the dealer can make up a reason for a rejected warranty claim like dirt in the oil, water in the gas, wrong type of tires and so on and on, if the dealer does warranty work he can only charge the warranty co a fraction of his normal labor rate and his cost on parts, like if a dealer charges $60 an hour labor and 20% markup on parts, he can only charge $25 labor and his cost on parts, the dealer is losing money when he does warranty work, he has to take a mechanic off a $60 hour job to work on ur quad, he's losing $30 an hour and he don't wanta do it so he will find some reason or dream up something and lie just so he don't have to work on it. Another trick on the warranty contract is they will have the name Suzuki, Yamaha, or Honda, making you think its a factory warranty, ITS NOT !!! Its some fly by night private company maybe run by the mafia or some druglord with one phone that never answers, they pay Suzuki to use their name on the contract, read the fine print its in there.

Old 05-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

DON'T BELIEVE ME?????? Call ur state office of the Attorney General, or the Better Business Office, here in Pennsylvania, motorcycle and atv extended warrantys are high on the list thats being investagated right now, its a FACT that many warranty providers honor a very low percentage of warranty claims, they may have 3000 requests for warranty claims and maybe 10 are honored, thats a fact, I have been thru it, I was ripped off before, when I bought my last ATV I was asked if I wanted an extended warranty I said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO NOOOOOO WAYYYY

Old 05-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Range Rover

I personally know of several people with the extended Warranty on their King Quads and none of them had any issues getting repairs completed. All have had their bushings replaced which cost about $1000 retail. Another had his ECM go out. That was a bit over $300, completely covered by the warranty. It all depends on your dealer. I generally never buy one but with the complexity of these new machines and the cost of replacement parts, it is well worth the $400 for 4 years of coverage. But I would never spend $800 when you can get the same exact one for $400.

Suit yourself but the dealer can make all the difference. And make sure you get a genuine Suzuki plan, not some fly by night offer.

Old 05-21-2006, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

TopGun is correct. The warranty is only as good as your dealer. IMO

Old 05-21-2006, 05:45 AM
Pro Rider

The" Genuine Suzuki Plan " IS NOT owned and run by Suzuki and I bet you never recieved a copy of the warranty contract you signed. The dealer has to call and recieve approval before he can do any warranty work, dealers are too busy to do that and babysit you so the easy way out is to tell you a problem isn't covered. I have tons of horror stories from other people and myself that simple warranty problems were not covered from atv's and motorcycles an ecm wasn't covered cause of water damage, the guy kept his bike outside, the crank seal wasn't covered cause he never had the dealer do the oil change, he changed oil himself, loose battery terminals wasn't covered cause they should have been tightened up during regular maintenance, running problems due to water in fuel wasn't covered. Dealers are crooks, they will fix the real problem without telling you what it is then dream up and tell you it was another problem thats not covered under the extended warranty so they can make money and bill you for something. Another thing they do is they rob parts from another customers ATV and install that on yours, then the other customer is billed for a part that was never bad in the first place, they charge 2 people for one bad part, even when we know that was done the dealer will tell us we can never prove it. Its the same thing is when someone breaks into ur house and robs ur TV, you have to prove its ur TV. You guys from Pennsylvania call you local County Office of the State Attorney General and ask them their opinion on any extended warrantys, and they will tell you they have a certain number of complaints and investagations being done right now and they will suggest that you read and understand the warranty contract before you buy it, AND they will ask you if you ever recieved a copy of the extended warranty contract, most people didn't. Im just trying to help you guys, im on your side, I got burned and I know other guys that got burned, don't trust ur dealer and thinking he's a nice guy, he's not.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

I did receive a copy of the contract for the warranty and i just got my warranty card in the mail from Suzuki. Like I said you only have warranty coverage as good as your dealer. The dealer that i do business with now is a great and above all an honest guy. They make it right and treat people like they should be treated.
MotoF150, Sounds like you have had a few bad dealings with dealers but you statements are not true for every dealer and you should not cast that label on every dealer. Not all dealerships are created equal and there are some good ones out there it may just take some effort to find them. They don't always know everything they need to know but that is not always the dealers fault. They need to be trained by the manufacture and sometimes that takes time. If you have had that bad of time with your dealer then i would suggest you find a new dealer. IMO
Thanks
David

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty KQ