Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

ct pipe for the z

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006 | 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default ct pipe for the z

Im very happy with my CT pipe. No rust, had it since 03. When I had a pipe and air filter with no lid, I had a lot of people ask what mods I had done. It was pretty quick compared to other Zs that I raced. I had it tested and it was 94 db's with 7 discs (stock engine setup). With the 12 discs that Im running now it is 96 db's.

Old 05-29-2006 | 02:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wifes Z has a yosh slip on. It works well if you don't have the dough for a full system.

Old 05-29-2006 | 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SpikeMT
I have had the CT pipe on my 04 Z400 for over 2 yrs...it isnt rusting. So, I dont know if you want to believe "what people say" or someone who actually has the pipe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It is easy to install and made a huge difference to performance.

Good Luck

Steve
Well I have had 2 pipes from them in 2 years on the same atv and they both rotted through one actually fell off because the rust was so bad. I can say I did have 1 rust then I asked them if they would warentee it they told me to send it to them. Isent it and they said what is this science project? The outside was still like new but the inside was all rotted out. I take very good care of my machine. I bought a second one since they offered me a lesser prce on it and 6 months later it was rotted again and had a hole in it. I have had a hmf on it for a year and there seems to be no rust coming through. I guess it was the poor quality of the ct pipe and it was true what others have said THEY DO RUST! I am glad to see someone dident get the same issue I had. As for the power it was supposed to be a 6 hp gain according to the write-up and it was actually 2 on the dyno that we have at the dealership I work at. I was less then impressed with this pipe and the quality. Do yourself the favor buy the yoshi pipe it was designed for suzuki.

Old 06-17-2006 | 09:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have the 434 big bore kit with 39 fcr carb and full yoshimura exhaust and it all depends on what you are doing for drag racing they say sparks for full bore riding but i like my yoshi

Old 06-18-2006 | 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

Everyone has their opinions, but I really like my HMF and don't plan on ever changing it. Put it on with the Prodesign kit and rejet, noticed a big difference high/mid/low. Very well priced from SweetQuads with our discount. If you want to see what one looks like, look at my pics. You can get them in many diff colors but it is like a 2 week wait to receive the product. If you're not in a huge rush... well worth it.