Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

kawasaki brute force 750 or a suzuki 700 kingquad

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kawasaki brute force 750 or a suzuki 700 kingquad

i do all kinds of trailing. i have straight aways and flat roads with hills/ jump and i have dirty trailers, rock trailers, mud beds. we got it all around here.im not willing to give up the power the BF has or the suspension of the suzuki so ive decided to pay a little more and get a bombardier outlander 800.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

If you have looked at them and like them, go for it, It sounds like a great machine. I looked at them in person and didn't like them very much. A little too on the sport side for me, and IMO it is FUGLY. Not a huge thing, but just my opinion.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

I wanted a Bomb 800 when they came out, but I have a real hang up on the single brake lever. My BF750 will never have the handling of the Bombardier, but I feel I can control it better by loading the front end or sliding the rear My BF750 is a little quicker off the line and for the first 300 yards or so then the Bombs get me with a higher top end.

I can't understand why Bombardier gives you a great motor and suspension then does not allow you to have complete control over the brakes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had read everything on this topic since I also want to change my ATV for either a KQ or a BF. It seems that the top issues are that the BF has better power and the KQ has better suspension. I currently have a '03 polaris sportsman 700 and I really don't want more power... its nice to have more but not really necessary. Compared to my popo, the BF has much more power and very fast engaging but the handling its not so good (also the comfort), how would you guys comparte the KQ vs the polaris so I can have an idea since I have ridden a BF and have no chance on trying a KQ

Old 06-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

I have no experience on a Sp700, but my buddy has a '06 KQ. The KQ seems shorter and alot smaller than either the SP or the BF. I will have better first hand knowledge of the KQ after this weekend because we plan on a ride on Sat.
I thought the KQ looked similar to the 650 BF, being that it is smaller.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fermor44
I had read everything on this topic since I also want to change my ATV for either a KQ or a BF. It seems that the top issues are that the BF has better power and the KQ has better suspension. I currently have a '03 polaris sportsman 700 and I really don't want more power... its nice to have more but not really necessary. Compared to my popo, the BF has much more power and very fast engaging but the handling its not so good (also the comfort), how would you guys comparte the KQ vs the polaris so I can have an idea since I have ridden a BF and have no chance on trying a KQ
Well from what I've heard the KQ is quicker than the sp 700, in fact the KQ hangs with the sp 800 and in rare cases can beat it in a drag. But the sp 700 could probably get the KQ out of the hole since it is a Twin and since the KQ is detuned from 0-9mph for saftey reasons (very stupid idea IMO).

Old 06-08-2006, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider

I will say this about the King Quad...there IS a steering issue with these bikes and it is NOT tire balance. Suzuki recalled the machines for a tie-rod upgrade but that was just manufacturer insurance against accidents. I really liked mine in the power dept. Some said it lacked low-end grunt, i never could find out what they were talking about. The steering was a major issue for me. Anything over 50, and it felt "jittery" to me. All in all, except for the steering and a few other problems that I encountered, the King Quad is a solid bike.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Pastor, what is it that you see on the steering, please explain a little more to understand better what you mean.

Toyeboy, how is the KQ detuned from 0-9mph? I do feel that the Polaris has a second there that it takes a little longer to engage the clutch that the rest of the bikes, but this will not mean detuned. So I don't understand what you mean by that on the KQ, could you explain some more, please.

Thanks for your input so far

Old 06-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

It might be wise to add how I use my ATV...

I usually go to dirt roads, bumpy roads on mountains with rocks, river crossings (will cover the fuel tank sometimes) and basically no mudding. I'm not looking for a drag race, but don't want to be left behind. Altitudes from 2000 to 6500 ft and ocasionally up to 12,000 ft which every bike will have a hard time with a carb.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

There is a lag at low end take off, so inexperienced riders dont kill themselves. You can fix this with a moose module, or dynatek

Quick Reply: kawasaki brute force 750 or a suzuki 700 kingquad