Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT 450r Bad Frames

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT 450r Bad Frames

My friend bought a new LT 450r at over $8000 and they recalled the frame. It is broken in a few spots so they ordered him a new frame. The dealer told him they it would take 4 weeks. They also will not give him a loner.
If you ask me i would demand a new quad or my money back and buy a honda 450. Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 06-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Have heard of several different models that had frame problems. A lot of those weren't covered under warranty.

Your friend should be thankful they're covering it. May not have the 450 for 4 weeks, but a small price to pay compare to having to cover it himself.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Have heard of several different models that had frame problems. A lot of those weren't covered under warranty.Your friend should be thankful they're covering it. May not have the 450 for 4 weeks, but a small price to pay compare to having to cover it himself.
Thats exactly correct......Suzuki could just turn a cold shoulder and let these people fend for themselves. Don't think it can't happen either....it should'nt, but it on occasion will.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Trailblazer

I had that problem. They brought me a brand new one the next week. The first one was under recall. Plus my friend owns the dealer so it was no problem.

Old 06-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

forsure i got an ltr 450 about a week before spring break and ive ridden it like crazy nothing has hapened to the frame just yet but i did receive a safety recall letter regarding the frame....suzuki is covering everything so i really have nothing to blame them for .....they will install some part i cant recall what it is exactly...ltr 450 is a badass machine .......best quad ive ever ridden so far-+

Old 09-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I do all the welding at the local bike shop for the recals that come up. The bike is plenty strong without the additional weld. If I bought one I wouldn't even mess with it. All I do is add a little weld to a bracket that supports a through bolt for the suspention. Its only a 1/4" weld on two sides. Nothing to worry about.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider

I think your friend has a right to be pissed. And why should he be grateful that Suzuki is covering it? It's their defect, and it's something they're known for (03 LTZ400 frames anyone?).

Old 09-21-2006, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

i own a 2006 suzuki ltr450. nuthin has happened to mine yet. i also own a trx450r and a yfz450. there is no way i would get rid of my suzuki for a honda. that actually makes me laugh. that would be the stupidest thing he could do all the way around.im sorry i own both and suzuki hands down.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

K this may get some people angry but im gonna say it anyways. Cant Suzuki build anything thats good? and by good i mean strong none breaking atvs? The z400 had LOTS of troubles with axles and frames, now the new 450 had the shock mount trouble and now the frame trouble, the vinson has frame trouble on pretty much every single vinson out there even if you go slow on them they STILL break...and the king quad has something with the computer that leaves you stranded in the bush.....ok you think Suzuki would beable to build frames...but why arent they building them...something like the shock mount deal should have been seen before it ever left for the market its like they almost dont care about how strong there frames are they just wanna get them out there for people to buy.

Old 09-23-2006, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

dune im not here to bash but u bashed on suzuki so i have to tell u bout the bomb in my opinion. our baja is our second ds650 and here to tell u they have a nice ride and sum good power to be the tank it is. but im sorry there the most nuthin quads on the market in my opinion. give me a 450 anyday. sorry man may eb different in the dunes iv never rode them but i do ride trails and motocross. and of course yeah they suck at moto but thats a given. but on trails there about as worthless as my old 110 threewheeler. secondly of bombardier keeps gettin bought out u aint even gonna be able to get aprts for the tank. so watch what u say about a suzuki atleats u will always be able to get parts. oh and also every company has problems with new quads and motorcycles.

Quick Reply: LT 450r Bad Frames