Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vinson best all round machine...I.M.O

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 01:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinson best all round machine...I.M.O

see, that's what I find funny, I'm kinda big, 6 foot and 230 pounds ... and with a bit of will and a correctly timed throttle hammer, my vinson will wheelie so much I can roll it over (no jokes, that's how I bent my rear rack the first time) and my bike is super stock except for tires and air filter. I have no jet kit, no clutch upgrades ... and its an Auto! 500cc of joy. It tops around 53 mph (more than dangerous in trails) and pulls through mud holes in trails (some as deep as 3 feet and real sticky) like no other bike in my area. BUT I think the driver makes the biggest difference on any ride. We could argue on this all night [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2006, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider

Either way it's still fun to ride b/c it's got 4wd and it's an SRA they are fun to powerslide(plus it's a Suzuki)!!! At least the Vinson isn't detuned like the King Quad, I can't wheelie my King very easily b/c of the low end's timing retard, but soon to get an ECU to fix that. But I can get it to 70mph, that's fast on a ute. I thought I heard the Vinson gets to 61mph in stock form, you can only get to 53?

Old 08-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Trailblazer

yeah, well, im heavy (230 pounds) and my 589 tires are very heavy as well compared to stock tires. That might explain why I lost some top speed. I remember stretching it to 59 mph once during breaking in with stock tires, but since I changed em, the fastest I got was 53

Old 08-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I weigh 185 lbs and 500 is plenty for me,of course i dont do wheelies and dont care about speed.4 wheel drive 4-wheelers are not designed to go fast and do wheelies,they usually break down after alot of those kind of things,and i can go places the k/q cant.they are to big and to wide.If you like to do things like wheelies and go fast,you should have bought a racer type of 4-wheeler..

Old 08-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: vinsontrailman
I weigh 185 lbs and 500 is plenty for me,of course i dont do wheelies and dont care about speed.4 wheel drive 4-wheelers are not designed to go fast and do wheelies,they usually break down after alot of those kind of things,and i can go places the k/q cant.they are to big and to wide.If you like to do things like wheelies and go fast,you should have bought a racer type of 4-wheeler..
I would have gotten a sportie but I needed 4wd for plowing my driveway and i love snow and mud riding...So with a Big Bore ute I can still usually satisfy my need for speed but at the same time have a comfortable trail bike that can going through a lot more than a sportie.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well then you can keep your k/q and i will keep my vinson..and a sport atv is all around a better machine..opinions are like?....well you know..everybody has one..mine is the vinson is a better atv.nuff said..p.s i doubt you can go through more than the vinson..

Old 08-12-2006, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

mine is the vinson is a better atv.nuff said..p.s i doubt you can go through more than the vinson..
Now what makes you say that? The King is the Vinson's bigger & better brother. The King has double the ground clearance, a front locker, 200cc more motor so my chances are pretty good in out mudding a Vinson. In fact, the Vinsons I've ridden with didn't put up much fight against me on the King.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Compare the problems with the k/q and the vinson..k/q has alot more troubles..and as far as a fight against the k/q...must have been inexperienced riders....dont waste anyomore of my time please...thank you.....

Old 08-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: vinsontrailman
Compare the problems with the k/q and the vinson..k/q has alot more troubles..and as far as a fight against the k/q...must have been inexperienced riders....dont waste anyomore of my time please...thank you.....
If I'm wasting your time then don't keep replying... The King in it's first year had issues like all first year machines, they are all resolved now on the 06 and 07 models. I have an 05 and don't have ANY problems though so....

Old 08-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Trailblazer

As much as I love my Vinson I would not go up against a KQ. Like the above post state, KQ has more cc's and way more ground clearance. My Vinson does ok in the mud but will high center easily. Most rutted mud holes are made deeper by the IRS machines and a SRA machine doesn't have a chance.

Quick Reply: Vinson best all round machine...I.M.O