Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Eiger 2" lift with ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eiger 2" lift with ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS!!!

Ok, I finally achieved the ultimate Eiger upgrade.... I FINALLY tracked down a set of Vinson front shocks. Yes, they fit perfectly, and are about 1 1/2" longer. The shock is stiffer, and so is the spring. Set on the second SOFTEST notch, I have 11 1/2 inches of clearance in the front. And, it feels so much better.
Now, you're wondering, "what about the rear?". Well, Z400 shocks are the ticket back there. They are SO much longer, that I have to have them on the SOFTEST setting, or it's so much lift my driveline makes noise!!
This machine feels like it's been reborn. It looks mean, rides great, and soaks up the bumps. Good luck finding more Vinson front shocks...

I'll post some pics in a day or so...

Old 07-29-2006, 02:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi aksafari, nice photos. Tell me, is your skid plate a pre-fab or did you make it? Ive been asking around the dealers etc here in Australia and they tell me there isnt one.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

That is awsome to hear, I asked the question a while back if kingquad shocks would fit and was also wondering about the vinson. Did the z400 shock bolt right up also, did you have to make any mods to the bike. Did you buy the shocks new or find them on ebay, just wondering becuase I was wanting to do it my self for a while. Thanks your help.

Old 07-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

Z front or rears? I was looking for Vinson shocks and rims, trying to buy both and get a deal but it fell through ([img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img])

Old 07-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Trailblazer

Its gotta be the fronts, the rear mounts are alot wider.......arent they a little soft in the rear though......

Old 07-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

Z400 front shocks from an '04, and Vinson shocks from an '03. BUT, all the Vinsons have the same shocks so far, so any year will work.
I needed to do some VERY minor mods to the bushings at the top of the Z shocks for the rear since they use a bolt, and the Eiger has a stud that sticks out of the frame. I pounded out the bushings from my stock shocks and used them in the Z shocks. Worked just great.

And no, actually the Z shocks are a little firmer than the stock Eiger shocks. Remember, they are shocks from the front of an agressize sport quad, they're pretty stiff. I've bombed some decent sized jumps around here and now I can't wait to get to the dunes and fly over some whoops! I think there will be a dramitic improvement. AND, it's not just pure lift, it's an increase in travel. THAT is worth the trouble of finding Vinson shocks alone.

I bought all of them off of Ebay, the Vinson shocks individually from wrecked quads, and the Z shocks are really easy to find.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah, skid plate ( I call it a bash plate) I made from a piece of diamond plate aluminum from the scrap yard. I wore safety glasses and gloves and cut it with my Skill Saw and a normal wood cutting carbide blade. Amazing how easily that worked. Watch your eyes though! Man, I had aluminim slivers stuck in my clothes all over the place.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Trailblazer

i found a set of Vinson rear shocks. Would they be useful for either the front or bacK??? thanks for any info

Old 03-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

They should be a direct replacement for the rears.

I'm jealous. I couldn't find rear shocks for a Vinson for less than $200.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

So you have 26's mounted on stock rims?

Quick Reply: Eiger 2" lift with ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS!!!