Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Lt250r Quadracer VIN# location

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt250r Quadracer VIN# location

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know where the VIN# is on an lt250r. Not sure if all years are the same, but if they arent, I need to know for an 89. Thank you.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It should be on the bottom frame rail on the gearshift side. They are kind of in a bad place, as that area takes a beating from normal wear and tear. They tend to wear off over time. If the atv has nerfs installed, you may have to remove them to see the whole VIN.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Range Rover

Thats where I thought it was, it seems the frame was cracked, and a long peice of angle iron was welded over an 18 inch section of the frame to restore strenght. Is there another VIN# on it somewhere, maybe on the engine or sumthing? I've heard that there was also a sticker with the VIN# on it, but they are usually long gone by this time.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Hmmm, try looking for the sticker on one of the downtubes on the nose of the quad. It would be up under the plastics, near the steering stem perhaps. It should be visible looking at the bike while kneeling. If you need a vin tracing to register it, you may be hosed with that angle iron. Did the last guy have it registered at all?

Old 08-23-2006, 11:42 PM
Range Rover

I don't know, maybe he wrote down the VIN before it was welded, either way, I'm stuck with it. I'll find out tamorrow when it gets here. I didn't notice it in the pictures until after I baught it. Oh well, it still looks like a nice bike.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Get some pics up! Chances are it was partially worn off before the repairs were made anyway. I am pretty sure there is another vin somewhere on the quad though.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Range Rover

Here is the ebay auction. I'm not sure if it will let you view it though, because it is in my "won items list". Try it anyway. Regardless, I will be posting pictures as soon as I take some tamorrow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=110024095959

You can see the angle iron in the second picture.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After looking at the pics, my guess is that it is an '88. Here's how I come to that conclusion.

The rear swing arm and suspension set up tells me it has to be between 87-90.

The rear wheels are likely from an 85 or 86 since they're gold which means they have the 4 lug pattern. If the hubs are not aftermarket, then they will only fit the 85 through 88 models because the axle splines changed to a larger size after that. Now we're down to either an 87 or 88.

The intake bolt pattern on the jug tells me it can't be an 87 engine, hense it's an 88.

This logic assumes the quad has it's original stock axle and someone simply put a set of stock 85/86 wheels and hubs on.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Range Rover

It has a Durablue axle on it. So that might be why it's like that. And I still dont have the quad, its going to be here tamorrow between 12-2...hopefully. Thanks for all your info guys.

Old 08-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Range Rover

I got my Quadracer, and it seemed real nice. It runs great, all gears work smooth, and it started on the first kick. Great, right? Well, not exactly. After I gave them the money and they left, i started to really look over the bike. I looked into the radiator, and it was empty. Ok, no problem, I'll just fill it up. But after that, I tryied to start the bike, and water started to come out of the exhaust. So either the water pump seal is worn, or the cases are cracked. Because the water is going into the cylinder. I checked the crank case, and its only got oil, so it not leaking into there. I drained the water all out and rode it for about 5 minutes to dry it up and get some oil in the cylinder. I spent today bleeding the brakes and polishing some small things. What do you guys think is the problem? Seals? Case? I'll be posting some pics soon. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Lt250r Quadracer VIN# location