Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

BEWARE OF DENNIS KIRK

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE OF DENNIS KIRK

Hey pumpkin, I hear what you are saying. Sounds like they broke it off in ya. If I was you I would be pissed too. Just chalk it up to experience and don't let it bother you.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Trailblazer

Well buddy, i hope this thread keeps going strong and someone does a copy and paste in an email and they get a hold of you to make it right. Nobody wants bad publicity so maybe this will help you out!

Old 09-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pumpkin, while I still think they need to take better care of you, I see what happened. Since it took over a year for you to find out the nerfs didn't fit, and they come back scratched up, DK almost HAS to think they are used. I mean, come on it was over a year before you returned them!!! Same thing with the bank account. Did they ever have your new account info? I am thinking the account info got pulled from the original order. Unless you specified somewhere to use a different account, how would they know you had a new account? Lets be fair here, your case has some unusual circumstances for you to be lambasting this company.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, I a year later.... I would say, put the old ones on ebay. If you just got them and then returned them thats another story...............

Sorry bro, I dont know what to tell you.

Old 09-15-2006, 06:13 AM
Trailblazer

I GOT DEPLOYED SHORT NOTICE. I AM NOT SAYING THAT JUST BECAUSE I AM IN THE MILITARY I SHOULD GET A BREAK, BUT DAMN. IT SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN A PROBLEM EVEN IF I WASNT IN THE MILITARY AS LONG AS I PAY THE $9.00 RESTOCKING FEE PER YEAR. IT COULD HAVE BEEN 5 YEARS AS LONG AS I THEN PAID $45.00 IT SHOULD BE FINE. THEY SHOULD HAVE ALSO CONTACTED ME AND SAID 'HEY WE ARE SENDING THE MERCHANDISE BACK TOO YOU, WE ARE GOING TO CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT FOR THE SHIPPING AND HANDLING'. THEY DID NOT TELL ME ANYTHING. FINALLY SHIPPING AND HANDLING IS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE. THERES NO EXCUSE FOR THIS!

Old 09-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Originally posted by: pumpkin
DONT GO TO DENNIS KIRK, THEY SCREWED ME OVER BY SENDING ME THE WRONG NERF BARS AND THEN WOUDNT TAKE THEM BACK SAYING THEY HAD BEEN USED. THEY DID HAVE A FEW SCRATCHES ON THEM, ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE THE WRONG SIZE AND I WAS TRYING TO WRENCH ON THEM. ON TOP OF THAT THEY CHARGED ME FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING BOTH WAYS WHEN THEY SAY T IS FREE! I HAVE BOUGHT OVER $2,000 DOLLARS WORTH OF MERCHANDISE FROM THIS COMPANY AND THEY SCREW ME OUT OF $200. I URGE EVERYONE OUT THERE TO GO TO SOME OTHER PLACE.
OK, so I looked at the DK website. It only says there is a $8.50 or 10% restocking fee after 90 days. If your nerfs were $200.00, then you were right to send in $20.00. The return policy also states you need to send the items and pre-pay the shipping. Nowhere does it state THEY PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING! So yes, you would have had to pay shipping times 2 if the item was returned back to you. Did you ever pack an explanation note with the nerfs? I'm sorry man, but there are just to many problems in your story for you to be slamming the company on a public forum.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

If they sent the wrong nerf bars they should pay return shipping

Old 09-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Straight from Dennis Kirk's site.

"No Hassle Returns
You can have complete confidence that your order will be handled with care. We stand behind every item that we sell, and if you are not completely satisfied - for any reason at any time - we will promptly refund or exchange merchandise, whichever YOU prefer.

You may return any unused or unaltered item within 90 days for a full refund or exchange. No return authorization is needed; however, a call or short email to our Customer Service Staff may avoid an unnecessary return. Use the original carton, pack the merchandise securely, enclose your invoice with explanation and ship prepaid via UPS or insured Parcel Post. Please do not return goods to us C.O.D. No restocking charge applies if returned within 90 days ($8.50 or 10% fee, whichever is higher, after 90 days). For items which include a manufacturer's warranty, please follow their instructions."

Sorry to hear of the troubles. But in all fairness, I think any company will do the same if it's been a year, and the part is scrathed.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

They should've sent the right part, the first time! What gives any company the right to charge anybodys account without prior approval???? How about I charge you for stuff you didn't ask for???? I've been ordering from Dennis Kirk and have had nothing but excellent service and parts choices. Just a quick tip...... If you'd used a credit card, you could have recouped the charges and DK would be out, not you. Don't use your bank account for transactions.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Sounds like he just got dinged for the shipping both ways and the $20.00 mail order. He still has the nerfs. Then again, it is hard to tell because pumpkin is not giving us the whole story I think.

Quick Reply: BEWARE OF DENNIS KIRK