Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King quad lacking power

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King quad lacking power

We bought a powercommander and EPI clutch kit and noticed very little if any diff. Whats wrong here? The P.C doesn't seem to do anythg really when i change the fuel settings on it. Where are u guys set on the low and mid? One of our buddies has the same setup and his runs wicked apparently wheelies like nothin, but lives far away so can not compare. Please help

Old 09-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King quad lacking power

None of the mods out there for the King Quad 700 improve performance very much, at least for another month. There's a VERY good reason why. The King's stock ECU limits the motor's full potential by retarding timing severely plus leaning out fuel...this equals out to sluggish low end power no matter what you do, the motor is just not set at the correct timing...but don't worry b/c there's a new ECU coming out from Velocity Devices Inc. at the end of October that will improve performance more than ANY other mod out there by advancing timing as well as contolling fuel, then all the mods should help as they're supposed to, but you will not need a Powercommander with this replacement ECU b/c it controls fuel as well as timing. The PC doesn't touch timing and that's were the King's true problem lies.

"Where are u guys set on the low and mid?" I'm not going to be set or happy with my King's power until I get this VDI ECU. Click here for the lastest info on it on VDI's website.