Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

kfx 400 help

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kfx 400 help

my friend has a kfx 400 which was from ebay(mistake) and he got it home and it didn't work but today just for the hell of it I tried pop starting it and it turned right over and started...With the electric start it will turn and turn but never fires up...it gets spark when using the electric start and just won't fire...so I took the harness and looked at it where the killswitch and start button is and all of the wires were cut and I also found that the wire that connects to the clutch was missing so what I am thinking is that the wiring from the killswitch and the clutch are causing it to not fire up as I believe there is a signal not being sent(I believe that the clutch wire is the problem) so I am going to try a harness for that section off of his z400 tom and see if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default kfx 400 help

you can take both the wires from the clutch lever and wire them together, thats how mine is. dont need to worry about starting it with the clutch lever in
and make sure you dont have a blown fuse. the clutch wires are black and black/white tracer. the starter wires are black and yellow/black tracer
the stop switch is gray and orange/white tracer, sounds like the stop wires might be the problem

Old 09-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default kfx 400 help

yea but all of the lights come on the nuetral and temp and headlights come on and if I had a blown fuse that wouldn't happen...also I am getiing spark when using the electric start but it just keeps cranking and cranking.