Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Just Jetted my Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Jetted my Eiger

I just installed the Quad Works Stage 1 kit which is a K&N Air Filter with a pre filter, a Dyno Jet Jet needle (e-clip on third notch and 2 washers on top of it) and a Dyno Jet 118 Main Jet ( for under 3000 feet with stock exhaust). Stock Main Jet is 122 but is is not the same measurement as the Dyno Jet so the Dyno Jet 118 is bigger.

WOW what a difference. I have only been able to ride it about 5 miles but I can already feel the difference, turns the 26" MudLites no problem, almost lifts the front tires off the ground ( it is still just an Eiger) I can feel the quicker response, it hops off little bumps that I have never been able to get air off before.

I was hoping to get back to what it was like before I added the 26" MudLites and it is even better than it was with stock tires and without the weight of the skid plates.

I was thinking about the HMF exhaust but I am going to ride this for a while, this is probably all I need.

Couple of things for anyone who is going to try this.

Every post I read mentioned how difficult it is to remove the bowl screws on the carb. It is very difficult, I stipped 2. Good news is you can easly get vise grips on them to remove them. I would start with vise grips and save the screws. I did purchase flat head scress (4mm - 7 12mm long) at Home Depot for $1.48. This will make it easier to change it again if I do add the HMF Exhaust and re-jet.

To change the jet needle you should remove the Gas Tank and you can get to the needle right there. Then loosen the clamps holding the carb, remove the fuel lines and turn the carb (top to the right ) you can get to the bowl from the left side ( opposite the muffler)

I also purchased a very small screw driver (about 1 inch long) to adjust the mixture screw while it was idling. This was a big help because I was able to adjust it while it was running. Until I got that I had to turn the carb to adjust it. It took a few trys to get it right.

It was very easy, dealing with the stripped screw was the hardest part.

I hope that helps anyone who is going to try it.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info, to see the power incease from a jet kit and pipe.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:13 AM
PD
Trailblazer

04Eiger:
Where did you purchase your Kit? Also, I am going to have to Jet for 5500 feet. Does the kit have jets compensation for that?

Thanks

Old 10-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Trailblazer

I purchased it from QuadWorks www.quadworks.net

It came with a Dyno Jet kit which had 6 or more jets( I can't remember the exact #). The instructions gave you recommendations depending on your altitude and includes the jet for it. You would have no problems jetting for 5500 feet. The instructions where great. It was about $130 for the entire kit.

I also liked the pre-filter since I ride in wooded trails, sand and mud. It should help keep the K&N filter cleaner.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

Here ya go. Applies to 2002 - 2006 per Dynojet website.

Dynojet install instructions

Old 10-04-2006, 12:48 AM
PD
Trailblazer

04Eiger:
Did you order direct from Quad works or from another place?

Thanks

Old 10-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Trailblazer

I ordered direct from QuadWorks, just called the phone # on the web site.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:29 PM
PD
Trailblazer

Thanks 04Eiger. Mine on order and on its way. Decided to pass on the pipe for now until I get some feedback on how quiet the HMF double silence core is.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Trailblazer

Good luck, I hope you are as happy as I am with the upgrade.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, these bikes (as AKsafari has been streesing for a while) are very lean from Suzuki. I put a 128.5 jet in mine (stock size=122) and it was a noticeable difference.

Quick Reply: Just Jetted my Eiger