Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

88 LT250R Mod Help Plus looking for parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 06:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 LT250R Mod Help Plus looking for parts

Hey guys well to start I just got the bike...I have loved R's since I got my first one many years ago....I have struggled to get this one...I got a spare motor with it....It needs a ton of work...Well a bit anyhow...Right now what it has is a pro circut pipe and silencer bored 50 over...And that is about it that I know of.....Well to start out I got it home after 19 hours of driving and work on it all day the next day...
It had not been running for 4-5 years...No plug in it on nothing...Oh yeah K&N filter also....But I go it running in about 5 hours well I knew it had spark...I had several wires cut on the harness.Soldered them back together and heat taped them...Things I noticed wrong all together....Coil"Missing boot" Throttle was stuck,No clutch cable,No oil in motor"discovered before I fired it",No back plastics...No hood cover, front platics junk,No brakes...parking brake stuck,front master cylinder full of yellow junk...No bolts in plastics that where there..ETC..Well I got it runnin and said hell with it I am gonna test run it to see how it does...I live in the city limits mind you..
Ok so I go it all straightened out and push it down the street which is all down a big hill pop it in first a couple of rolls it fires right up...Down the road I go wanting to turn around at the bottom of the hill and and come right back to park it....Well the throttle stuck and I took of...Tried to hit nuetral so I can shut it down but it went straight to second...You know how that ended up...So I pulled the spark plug wire of...off she went and I coasted the rest of the way as I shook like a leaf...So I go to come to a stop and went to ride up over the curb,hit the curb and went straight to the ground LOL "what the hell is going on here"....So I jump off and look my lower left side a arm is on the ground....Damn this guy zipped tied the arm to the caliper...One hell of a thing to over look lol....Well Ok I have parked it...New parts ordered..Coil,Motion Pro twist throttle,clutch cable,Rad reeds,hood...Now I am looking to do some more upgrades to this thing...Does anyone have some good input on what I can do to this things to make it a hell of alot faster....I am also looking for plastics for it if anyone has some...And also a left side lower control arm well actually the ball joint itself...The guy used a top one for the bottom...Any and all input would be appreciated... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

it sounds like you have your hands full with what the other guy rigged together so I would inspect everything he messed up and do it the right way with the correct parts not ductape lol...there aren't as many parts for the suzuki lt250r as the honda 250r but I believe you can still get a good amount

Old 11-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

You can get new plastics from maier plastics,rocky mountain has some parts...I would def get new tires inspect your chain and sprockets if one of those is bad replace them all, you could change your gearing on the sprockets for more top end,how is the jetting?,reed valves you could get,and there are prob other sites with big bore parts and internal engine stuff but then you will lose reliability

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/Header.do

Old 11-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

you stated that you got a spare motor with it. what kind of shape is it in, the cylinder bore?

and if you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for this machine?

Old 11-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

do it the right way with the correct parts not ductape
LMMFAO yeah he would of better of to use duct tape.......It's stronger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Anyways I have full intentions on full inspection of the R.....Well right now I got it running good.....

You can get new plastics from maier plastics,rocky mountain has some parts...I would def get new tires inspect your chain and sprockets if one of those is bad replace them all, you could change your gearing on the sprockets for more top end,how is the jetting?,reed valves you could get,and there are prob other sites with big bore parts and internal engine stuff but then you will lose reliability
Well I know I can get new fenders but have you ever seen the price on them.....Like 500 for front to back.....Ouuchhhh that a hurting on the pocket boook....No clue what it is jetted at.....I am running 32.1 ratio....I just bought the carbon Fiber reeds yesterday

you stated that you got a spare motor with it. what kind of shape is it in, the cylinder bore?
Well the motor seems to be in great shape....I have not fired it but it turns over and what not....I bought this R for around 1200....I do not know the bore on the spare motor.....But the one on the R I have runnin is 50 over

Old 11-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

Lol I am sure someone on here has some spare plastics or you could check on ebay and maybe get lucky with a set