Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki quadsport z250

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006 | 06:45 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Suzuki quadsport z250

I am 13, about 5 feet and 2 or so inches tall, weigh about 100 pounds. I own a 2002 yamaha raptor 80. I have had it since 2002. I know how to go off small jumps. I know how to do a little mud boggin. I would like a bigger ATV with more power, i basically enjoy hybrid riding (MX and then out in the woods riding) or whatever. But i'll buy an ATV good for that when im older (probably an outlaw) until then i would like a sport quad. I have experience with ATV's, although i still have a good amount to learn. I went over to so atv shops this week and i think any atv up to a 350cc would be good. My dad says he thinks i could handle a 300cc, but im not exactly sure yet. Im going to see sometime if i can test drive some of these ATV's. Now, im looking for an ATV that would be good and safe for me, up to 350, i don't want a mini, and right now im interested in the Suzuki quadsport Z250. How much power does this thing have? how good are suzuki quads? Reverse is a need. If possible can some of you guys give me a little review of this quad if you happen to have one? Or if you think i should get a different quad please suggest. I am also looking into the raptor 350. Also, if possible i'd like a quad that would be a good size for me for some time, something that i can continue to learn with my ATV riding skills. My raptor 80 isn't really an atv to me, its more like a pocketquad, i just bansh around with it, although i do ride it like its a normal ATV. I don't want to grow out of my next ATV in two years. And how good is this thing with jumping, can it get much air, how fast? etc. So please post and thank you!!! also i have a thread in the "buying an ATV" section on this forum. thank you!

oh and if anyone has a video of the z250 please post it, thank you!

Old 12-12-2006 | 06:52 PM
Range Rover

i think you should consider something else. I used to have one of these and they are reliable,but i got into xc racing so i got a z400. these bikes are good to play around on , they jump okay but since the shocks in the front are not gas they are kinda stiff. i would consider a 300ex or a 350 rapter over this quad because the u will want more power once u get used to it.

Old 12-12-2006 | 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

I second that opinion. Get a z400/kfx400. Leave it stock until you want more power. You'll probably never outgrow it. The z250 with be outgrown in a year or 2. My kfx400 can do eveything my z250 can but WAY better. Its more stable, safer in that aspect. If your dad doesnt want you to have that much power, there is a throttle stop screw on the thumb throttle. These bikes are really tame in stock trim. exhaust, airlid removed, and jet kit its a whole different bike. Just my opinion cause I have both.

Old 12-12-2006 | 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

By the way, I bought my kfx400 for $2500 in good condition. There are deals to be found.

Old 12-12-2006 | 08:34 PM
|
Trailblazer

well, right now at my size, the suzuki z250 is perfect for me, but i think once i get the hang of it i might want more power, i saw a video of it on youtube and either the kid is a total noob or that is all the z250 can do, go to youtube.com and type in suzuki z250. when i saw the 450cc atv's and such i was surprised by there size. I was interested in the yfz450 but it doesn't have reverse and to me, reverse is a requirement. and, i can drive automatic and standard but i prefer auto-clutch. so should i look into the raptor 350. Do you think the yamaha stores near me would let me test drive it, it is an ATV for 16+ and im only 13, but i have experience with ATV's and im not stupid so i would be safe with it, but telling them that probably wouldn't matter. hows the z400, i wasn't really looking into all these ATV's last time i went there i was just looking at them, and sitting on them. Next time im definitely going to look more closely. so, i'll see if i can test drive a suzuki z250, a raptor 350 and a suzuki z400. Do you guys think i would be safe on those? when i sat on all of these the first thing that came time mind was if i buy this, im definitely going to buy nerf bars immediately. so...

EDIT: oh and i don't want this to be too expensive, the z250's price is perfect, the rptr 350 and z400 are kind of pushing it.

Old 12-13-2006 | 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

i would suggest getting a 300ex, or raptor 350, if you can afford it go with a 400. i have a z250, it was my first quad and i outgrew it so fast. just like you i ended up starting to jump, then wanting to get higher and needing more power/speed. the 250 is great for trail riding tho, it is very easy to manuever and operate, but i got bored with it really quick.
i have some videos in my profile if you want to check them out...jus click on the camera icon under my name on the left...youll see them

Old 12-14-2006 | 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

You guys have to remember, he is on an 80 now. Going up to a 400 would be a HUGE jump in power and size. I started out on a Suzuki 160 and then moved up to the Z250 and even that was a decent jump. 3rd gear on my Z250 is about the same as 5th on the old 160. My first recommendation would be the Z250 or maybe possibly the Honda 300EX or Raptor 350, but definately not something in the 400cc range. That is a lot of power to handle considering the operator's size. I got my Z250 when they first came out, so about 4 years ago and I still have fun on it. I wouldn't mind something bigger now, but for the first two or three years I had a blast on it.

Old 12-15-2006 | 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

too bad u need reverse cause if u could find a blaster it be the perfect quad to jump too. wicked fast and out grow hmm. with after market stuff thats all u need to jump in power.

Old 01-24-2007 | 09:54 PM
Range Rover

im movig up from a raptor 80 2 i am the same size and about the same weight i would consider a z also they r sweet and im sure everybody else who has a z would say the z just like z250 kid said he is moving up from a raptor 80 a z250 would be perfect i agree.

Old 01-24-2007 | 09:57 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: kickass210
too bad u need reverse cause if u could find a blaster it be the perfect quad to jump too. wicked fast and out grow hmm. with after market stuff thats all u need to jump in power.
suzukiZ250kid sorry

Quick Reply: Suzuki quadsport z250