Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

How many 2 stroke die hard over 30 yr old riders are in here??

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many 2 stroke die hard over 30 yr old riders are in here??

Wow. I have not heard the name penton in years.I remember being a kid in the late 70's and seeing the green and white gas tanks and yellow badges .I think it was a 125 cc with a german sachs motor.But I definetly remember the 175cc light blue jack piner models.Man those bikes were so far ahead of there time.I would love to have a perfectly restored 250 cc hare scrambler model..Wow talk about a trip back in time.................

Old 12-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: QIKER
Wow. I have not heard the name penton in years.I remember being a kid in the late 70's and seeing the green and white gas tanks and yellow badges .I think it was a 125 cc with a german sachs motor.But I definetly remember the 175cc light blue jack piner models.Man those bikes were so far ahead of there time.I would love to have a perfectly restored 250 cc hare scrambler model..Wow talk about a trip back in time.................
That's what I am talking about.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i was a die hard 2 stoke guy until i got my ds650 and my 105 hp street bike and now i own a quadzilla quess four strokes cant do everything

Old 12-30-2006, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer

Im half of 30 but i found an 85 polaris trailboss 250r rotting in a barn i got it running and when you hammer on it it beats my suzuki 230 till 5th gear. gotta love 2 strokes!

Old 01-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

many 2 strokes over the years. next one is a Vmax 4. ping ping ping ping

last moto GPs were 200+hp V4 2 strokes. When the 4 strokes get 400hp/liter NA, then I'll truly be impressed.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

I'm 41 with an 87 LT500R...see pictures here...
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k94/chinslip/

Old 01-07-2007, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

why do people think that the 30 yr mark is the end all of fun and excitement? you are as old as you think and if you take care of yourself you will be able to out ride the youngins b/c they lack experience. with the exception of jeremiah jone i think most of our ATV champs (and pro atheletes in almost any sport) have been 30 or over. doug gust is pushing 40 and i bet he can out ride anyone on here.

ive owned both and honestly like both. i'll always plan to have one of each.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

38 here (gawd did I really say that??!!)
Have grown up on 2-strokes all my life. Had 7 banshees total, 4- 250Rs, and 1 blaster.

Once I got the chance to hop on a YFZ though.......
I was hooked! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The 2-strokes definately DO have an addicting "hit" when the powerband kicks in though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2007, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have to tell you guys this story. Yesterday, I was on my way to coach my 9 yr old's basketball practice, and on the way there I asked him how school went. This has become kind of a joke between us because the routine conversation usually goes:
Me: "How was school?"
Son: "Good."
Me: "Did you learn anything?"
Son: "No."
Me: "Anything crazy happen."
Son: "I can't remember."

He's never excited unless he kicked a homerun, or did something else at recess worth mentioning. But yesterday, he was all excited to tell me about an excercise they did in class. The teacher asked them if they could have 3 dreams come true, what would they be and they had to write about them. (This exercise would probably be dangerous to try with older kids.) His first dream was that "they" would start producing 2-stroke four wheelers again. He assumes that if "they" would start producing 2-strokes again, that means the LT500 would start being made again exactly the way is was in the 80's.

Yea, I must admit, I have him pretty brainwashed. All he ever wants to talk about other than sports are Quadzillas, and Shelby Cobras even though he's not old enough to drive either one. But it was one of those tear in your eye proud moments nonetheless.

Oh yea, when I asked him what his other two dreams were, he smiled and said "I can't remember."

Old 01-10-2007, 05:09 AM
Trailblazer

i`m 31 and got a old kx125 dirtbike that i love and prolly will keep till the tires fall off.when it comes to dirtbikes its the only way to fly.now my quad is a blaster but its getting a 4 stroke makeover.i`m actually partial to both in different ways.4`s got the low end grunt but nothing roosts like a 2 stroke....they are built for spitting dirt.

Quick Reply: How many 2 stroke die hard over 30 yr old riders are in here??