Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

What to get. LTZ 400, POlaris predator.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to get. LTZ 400, POlaris predator.

Hi, i have narrowed down my list to these two quads: the ltz 400 and the predator ... i went the other day to the retailer and they had both there, i sat on them both and the ltz felt more comfortable and better ride posicion than the pred. But now comes the problem... i am very power hungry and i know that the predator has more power etc than the ltz but... is the ltz also a very powerful bike? will it lose alot against a predator? could i get it to the standards of that class ( raptor , pred, etc etc)?

thanks for the replies.!

Old 01-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Trailblazer

Let me preface this by saying I have a '03 Z400 and my buddy has a '06 predator....
I have several mods on my Z400(pipe, etc) and my buddies pred will always
beat me in a drag race(just more HP)....If you wanna go fast(er) get the predator...
If you like a more comfortable, stable ride go with the Z...We ride in the trails over
60% of the time and I would much rather be on my Z...His '06 and another '06 predator
I have ridden have a strange shudder/shake when you get on the throttle..It's really the
only bike I have ever riddent that does that...His bike is stock, maybe that goes away with
mods....My Z has better ground clearance...His predator has FOX shocks that are standard
on '06's and Maxxiss Razr tires(also stock on '06)...If I was buying a new bike and they were
the same price (which Z is usually much cheaper), I would probably buy the predator...
However, if the Z was several hundreds of dollars cheaper I would no doubt buy the Z....
My Z has been a great bike and it is basically bullet-proof and very easy to work on....Hope this helps....
Either bike would be a good purchase.....

Old 01-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 4wheel4food
Let me preface this by saying I have a '03 Z400 and my buddy has a '06 predator....
I have several mods on my Z400(pipe, etc) and my buddies pred will always
beat me in a drag race(just more HP)....If you wanna go fast(er) get the predator...
If you like a more comfortable, stable ride go with the Z...We ride in the trails over
60% of the time and I would much rather be on my Z...His '06 and another '06 predator
I have ridden have a strange shudder/shake when you get on the throttle..It's really the
only bike I have ever riddent that does that...His bike is stock, maybe that goes away with
mods....My Z has better ground clearance...His predator has FOX shocks that are standard
on '06's and Maxxiss Razr tires(also stock on '06)...If I was buying a new bike and they were
the same price (which Z is usually much cheaper), I would probably buy the predator...
However, if the Z was several hundreds of dollars cheaper I would no doubt buy the Z....
My Z has been a great bike and it is basically bullet-proof and very easy to work on....Hope this helps....
Either bike would be a good purchase.....

One other thing to keep in mind...You will definitely be able to find more aftermarket goodies for a
Z than a predator....Alot more Z's sold than the predator from what I have seen on the trails....

Old 01-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

I looked at both when I was shopping. Decided on the KFX (same as LTZ). A little more nimble on the trails, IMO. Was a little more comfortable than the Pred, but both are very good quads.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

They all can be made to go fast, including the z400. Thibk about this: Take the $1000+ dollars you save on the Z verses the other two, put it into the Z and you'l have a fast quad if you spend your money correctly. Plus you'll be more comfortable, better looking, and more reliable....jus my .02

Old 01-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer

hi, thanks for all the replies [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but still hav got more questions [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] wil some1 with a predator beat me badly for example on a drag race?

Old 01-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

Stock for stock, yes.

But if you only want it to drag race, I wouldn't get either one.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

I read an article z400 vs predator.....it says the pred was not much faster. of course the z400 won the shootout. The quality of polaris is jus not up to par with the zuki. I have ridden 2 raptors and I didn't like them and the quality is lacking also in my opinion....but I am a lil biased. I will tell you this...I had a chance to buy a raptor for $1000 cheaper than I bought my KFX400 for......of course I passed.....you give me a raptor or a predator and I'll sell it....

Old 01-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Trailblazer

lol they cant be that bad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

also this will be my first quad , well big quad from the 250 honda... will the pred. be too much for my skills? my main concern is if the ltz will be to slow for road use also, i will probarly hav 2 sets of wheels., for road and then offroad.. i am also thinking of keeping this quad for a very long time and i dont think i will ever buy another quad thats y i want it to be that powerfull that even when i am experienced it will still be good enough in power means. i kno its a great quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

I hav also had some seat time on the Pred, & like LTZGUY said if I ever had one I would also sell it..

Not sayin that its a bad quad, just felt cheap after riding the Z...

Wait till april & get the new Kawasaki 450...

Quick Reply: What to get. LTZ 400, POlaris predator.