Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Steering dampner for 700 King Quad

Old 01-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering dampner for 700 King Quad

I just installed a Denton Racing steering dampner on my KQ. I have not had the chance to ride it on the trails yet but what little I was able to test it out on some snow piles and such seemed to really take the "jerking" motion out of the ATV. It has seven settings and I have it on 4 for general use. When we were hitting some rough spots and still experienced the jerkiness we set it to 7 and it was so smooth. Has anyone had any experience with these and what are your thoughts. Thanks,

Old 01-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard of these and am curious about them. Flipped mine over after wheel hooked rock and jerked handlebars right out my hands, I know crap happens but kinda gunshy now about high speed sharp turns{not powerslides}. Where did you find your info on this, aprx price, installation etc. Love the bike except for that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2007, 01:57 AM
Range Rover

I called Denton Racing directly. It was $159.00 plus shipping. They did not have any instructions on how to install it but a friend of mine figured out how to get it on and work properly.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

What was the installation like? I con do basic mechanical, but not one by no means. Since original post have you had a chance to test it out? Mine kinda wants to dip down in the front to the opposite side that I am turning it almost feels like the tire has gone flat( at a higher speed ). the worst part is that it doesn't happen all the time. Did you experience this problem also? Thanks. 06 King Quad 700 Uni filter,26" Mud lite xtr's, Ramsey Remote winch, Tusk rear hard box, Front and rear fabricated bumpers, Moose handguards, 2" receiver hitch, skull brake light.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Range Rover

It will be two weeks before I can really test it out. It is a matter of bolting on one end to the steering stem and the other end to the frame. Placement is key though. I have not experience the diving you describe with mine.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: stemcell700
What was the installation like? I con do basic mechanical, but not one by no means. Since original post have you had a chance to test it out? Mine kinda wants to dip down in the front to the opposite side that I am turning it almost feels like the tire has gone flat( at a higher speed ). the worst part is that it doesn't happen all the time. Did you experience this problem also? Thanks. 06 King Quad 700 Uni filter,26" Mud lite xtr's, Ramsey Remote winch, Tusk rear hard box, Front and rear fabricated bumpers, Moose handguards, 2" receiver hitch, skull brake light.
Hey Guys,
I just hauled my new king home yesterday and stopped off at some trails on the way home. This thing is a G I A N T compaired to my 2003 Rancher I had. The dipping down you say might be from the swaybar working in the rear. When you turn say left this will lift the left side but the swaybar/tortion bar will provide support to the outside thus possibly causing this dipping you refer to, or the left going down.
This thing is a Monster to say the least a whole new set of rules riding this Big Daddy as apposed to the 350 Rancher I had.

Batman

Old 03-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Actually since last post found out that many of the kings have a slight neg. camber issue, one site even has the fix for it without using new a arms. My mechanic is doing the mod as we speak( I don't like playing with front suspensions). Also did install the steering stabilizer, it is awesome, best money I've spent so far other than the atv.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Range Rover

I've now ridden mine with the dampner several times and LOVE it! This was a great investment to day the least. I did take pictures of how it is mounted if anyone wants to see how it is installed. I really like the fact that it is adjustable depending on what type of country I am riding on.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Trailblazer

Do show the pics Utah.

I have a total of 3 miles on mine now..... My left foot doesn't know quite what to do just sitting there. Where's the shifter....LOL Did I mention this thing is huge! I thought I was going to have to rebuild my shed, have to squeeze the rear fenders ever so slightly to make it in the door.
Who would have thought this thing would wheelie like it does.

Batman

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Steering dampner for 700 King Quad