Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z250 Upgrade (engine mods)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z250 Upgrade (engine mods)

The AC pipe will not give you 10 horse on a small motor such as the 250's. Id go with and HMF exhaust for it. Everything else you mentioned seems to be just a waste. Just live with what you have until you can buy a bigger quad on your own and not have to worry about your father. By the way, that big bore kit your looking at is for the old lt250 from back in the late 80's.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

then why would a guy on here have his z250 recammed... also HMF doesn't even make a pipe for the z250 but nice try

Old 02-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know why he would, but in my opinion its a waste. Also HMF does make a pipe for the 250. HMF Look a little. Here is a picture of one. Picture

Old 02-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Range Rover

OMG that hmf looks sooo good ima sell my slip on and get it in candy red do u kno if the 1 on ebay is that 1 or is it a scam

Old 02-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

Id say its legit. Id go for it.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Range Rover

yeh it does ima go 4 it

Old 02-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: z250freak
The AC pipe will not give you 10 horse on a small motor such as the 250's. Id go with and HMF exhaust for it. Everything else you mentioned seems to be just a waste. Just live with what you have until you can buy a bigger quad on your own and not have to worry about your father. By the way, that big bore kit your looking at is for the old lt250 from back in the late 80's.

LOL, this dude said it the best....just keep the Z250 for another year and then sell it and get a z400....man no sense spending a shtload on parts and LABOUR(thats where it will kill ya) just to a have a bike that would still get slaughtered by a z400...I bet when you go to sell it you wouldnt get much more then if it was stock too...

how old are you btw??? height , wieght?

Old 02-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

15 (16 in may) 5' 5"ish... 125lbs

Old 02-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

all that i ever really wanted to do was race... In the summer I spend as much time possible riding around, on the track at rausch creek, or at the treverton coal banks but never had the opportunity to race. The parents aren't exactly supportive with what I want to do, my dad just thinks the entire atv genre is a waste of money. This is where I'm running into issues. I fell into a good job and still saving up money but from what it sounds I'm going to need to buy a car, so not good for the quad part of things. The way my dad talks he would be about ready to shoot me if I spent my money on a new quad instead of a car. Starting to think I don't exactly care and I'm going to buy a new one eventually anyway. If I race w/ the 250 I'm not going to get very far and if I don't get into racing in the next couple years I might as well forget about it.

By the way... I was on HMF's website and none of their catalogs lists a pipe for the Z-250... How do you know those pictures are not just somebody that threw an HMF exhaust on that was made for a different model to make it look cool. And trust me... I do look around, its complicated when you have a quad thats not exactly made for performance.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tlenker09
all that i ever really wanted to do was race... In the summer I spend as much time possible riding around, on the track at rausch creek, or at the treverton coal banks but never had the opportunity to race. The parents aren't exactly supportive with what I want to do, my dad just thinks the entire atv genre is a waste of money. This is where I'm running into issues. I fell into a good job and still saving up money but from what it sounds I'm going to need to buy a car, so not good for the quad part of things. The way my dad talks he would be about ready to shoot me if I spent my money on a new quad instead of a car. Starting to think I don't exactly care and I'm going to buy a new one eventually anyway. If I race w/ the 250 I'm not going to get very far and if I don't get into racing in the next couple years I might as well forget about it.

By the way... I was on HMF's website and none of their catalogs lists a pipe for the Z-250... How do you know those pictures are not just somebody that threw an HMF exhaust on that was made for a different model to make it look cool. And trust me... I do look around, its complicated when you have a quad thats not exactly made for performance.
Its never too late to get into racing. A lot of pros didnt even start racing until they were 18 or so. Just go with what you have now and focus more on improving your riding skills until you can get something bigger.

Just because its not on their website doesn't mean they dont make one. A lot of times, a company doesnt really update their website all that much. If you really dont believe me, then just call HMF and ask them or order one.

Quick Reply: Z250 Upgrade (engine mods)