Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

New Z90

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Z90

My 10 year old daughter races an 07' Z90. After some gearing changes the bike can run with the other quads in her class. I added a set of wheel spacers to the front and rear of the machine which will allow for better cornering. You can also removed the spark arrestor from the exhaust, this will let the machine breath much easier. I also drilled some holes in the the air box to allow for better intake. I have had the machine since last March and I have found the machine to be pretty much bullet proof. Since the machine is fairly new, the availble "factory" mods are pretty much non existant. Yoshimira and LRD are the only ones that I have found that even make a pipe for it. If you want nerf bars or bumpers I can't help you there. I will try to keep you everyone posted if I learn or hear of anything else. Happy New Year..............And lets go racing!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Z90

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bushaurora

My 10 year old daughter races an 07' Z90. After some gearing changes the bike can run with the other quads in her class. I added a set of wheel spacers to the front and rear of the machine which will allow for better cornering. You can also removed the spark arrestor from the exhaust, this will let the machine breath much easier. I also drilled some holes in the the air box to allow for better intake. I have had the machine since last March and I have found the machine to be pretty much bullet proof. Since the machine is fairly new, the availble "factory" mods are pretty much non existant. Yoshimira and LRD are the only ones that I have found that even make a pipe for it. If you want nerf bars or bumpers I can't help you there. I will try to keep you everyone posted if I learn or hear of anything else. Happy New Year..............And lets go racing!!!!!!!!!!</end quote></div>

Where did u get the sprockets for it or do you have a part #? My younger brother has a 07 z90 and i just recently got rid of the airbox and am running a k&n style filter off the carb, i also put a yoshi exhaust on it for him. Doing both did a lot for the machine and made it way more fun for him. I also flipped the front wheels around which made it wider, but i think were gonna get some spacers for all 4. As for nerf bars, AC has a set that are universal that you have to get welded on, they look pretty cool so mabey we'll give that a try too. Pretty soon this things gonna be a mini version of my LTR [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default New Z90

"Did I read correctly? LT80 is endorsing a Kymco?"
Sure did. LOL They are good quads and can be made fast. They are not a chinese junk machine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default New Z90

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: dysart316

Just got both the 50 and 90 back without the limiter. There is definitely a noticeable difference in the top end. Not really any difference in the oomph department, but they are now decent quads. I would reccommend taking them out to anyone that has these 2 rides. Once they get used to the new speed i will be looking for ideas to increase the power throughout the bikes range and not just to gain the top end speed.</end quote></div>

Have you found this thread? It sounds like some people are getting pretty good performance out of the LT Z50. I'm about to put a bigger rear sprocket on ours. It goes plenty fast but it needs more low end power. Maybe this will help. Removing the spark arrester also helped.

http://forums.atvconnection.co...AR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Old 01-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default New Z90

I've just got 2 Z90's and have had a Z50 since August 2007. The Z50 stock speed is on a par with the LT-A50 if not slightly slower. As it's 4-stroke there is lower sounding rumble on the engine as apposed to the 2-stroke so it "sounds" slower. In reality the ground speed is not much different. Where it struggles is inclines. A slight gradient presents problems. One power stroke every 4 strokes will explain that one.

Overall though i'm very pleased with it as a replacement to my LT-A50's. (Electric start and all that, no 2-stroke oil etc). I haven't removed the limiter becuase it's fast enough for most 6 year olds already.

The Z90 from what I've seen so far is gonna be a great bike. It's not as quick stock than an LT-80 (No way near it) but I'm looking forward to removing the spacer and seeing how much that helps. If what someone said it's on about 40% power without the spacer removed it's gonna be a great bit of kit. The Z90 is the best looking kids quad end of IMO.
The LT-80 was always gonna be hard to replace but I reckon Suzuki have done a good job here.