Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

ITP mudlites vs Kenda bear Claw tires for my Eiger?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITP mudlites vs Kenda bear Claw tires for my Eiger?

Just watch the weight of whatever you put on that eiger, it's slow enough with stock tires. And I agree with you about staying with the 25". My little brother just put some 27" mudlights on his brute force (stock was 25") and while it now goes through mud better in 2wd than it did in 4wd before, they slowed it down alot. No more outrunning stock banshees, 400EXs, and such.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Range Rover

Uyilitys are not meant to outrun Banshees. You can wait for the little sport quads on the other side of the hole while you are drinking a cool snack!

Old 04-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have had my mudlites for about 1000 miles now and they have held up pretty good havent worn that much either.i think there an awsome tire i reide all kinds of terrian and thet work well for everthing i think.and mine ride very smooth on my vinson unless you ride on tar slow then you can fell the tires.589's are to heavy for an eiger unless you gonna get a clutch kit. and a jet kit for that matter.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

26's are too heavy?!? shhhh... don't tell my ride about that!

: )

Old 04-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Trailblazer

last time i checked i had 27" gators on my Eiger. She's got no trouble turning them over, and let me tell you, they are HEAVEY!

Old 04-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer

"Just watch the weight of whatever you put on that eiger, it's slow enough with stock tires"," 589's are to heavy for an eiger unless you gonna get a clutch kit. and a jet kit for that matter", "The Vinson unlike the Eiger wont mind the extra weight of the Bearclaw".

I am shaking my heafd at hose statements. 1st of all, MY eiger does 95km/h on a straight, i don't consider that slow. 2nd, 589's are no heavier than the 27" gators i have, and i still have loads of power. 3rd, the vinson may have more displacement than the eiger, and if i had my time back i may have gotten the vinson, but not for the amount of power i would have gained over the eiger, just for the xtras like digital dash alloys, but i have had the opportunity to ride a vinson for a few hours all together, and the stock power over the stock eiger is not that great.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Trailblazer

LOL, yeah the Eiger is quick for a utility quad, trust me I've been on many of them. I also have a tricked out warrior if I feel the need for more speed. But in 2-wheel drive the Eiger is surprising. I'm looking for tire that will wear well mostly & give good traction on variable terrain. Not a big mud hole buster, but I've not been to a place I couldn't get through ....yet. With the Dunlop stock tires, it's a wonder. Like I said they worked pretty well in snow, just wear out fast.

Thanks for all the suggestions fellows, I'll check out the 589's also.

HS

Old 04-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

edited by ATV connection moderator

Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

You have been shut off because of a bad email address so you can write in for entry.

Also I want you to read this thread: http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/499963.cfm

Old 04-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer

" or there is something wrong with you.I worked at a suzuki dealer for a while . you out of your mind if you dont think".......

uh yeah, watch the insults there fella. careful. this forum is for opinions and my opinion is that the vinson IS more powerful, but NOT enough for me to buy it and spend the extra cash. Slow down and read the posts a little longer before you feel a need to retort and start stating there is something wrong with people. must be hard always being on the defensive, huh?

Old 04-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer

I'm not here to knock other people or their machines. The Eiger manual transmission fit my needs at the time. If you have to build yourself up to make other believe, that's your game. Homey don't play that. The vinson is not a great deal more machine than a 400. Buck all you want, just scientific fact. I could say I have an 800cc machine that will eat your vinson alive, but why? Doesn't help me or you. You have no idea who I am, how many machines I've been on, or how many I own currently. Most here are not interested in the "my machine will beat yours" games that kids play. Many buy machine to fill certain needs in riding, not to keep up with the neighbor. I'm wayyy too old for that junk.

HS.

Quick Reply: ITP mudlites vs Kenda bear Claw tires for my Eiger?