Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

What happend to YELLOW?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happend to YELLOW?

Hi all !!! Any one know what happened to the" Suzuki Champion Yellow", for the King Quad? Why is it no longer available? After 2005 it disappeared why?

Old 04-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Range Rover

Considering how badly my wifes plastic has held up, I can understand why you haven't seen since 2005. My wifes 2005 Yellow KQ plastic faded and discolored very quickly even though we tried to keep it cover and clean.. My Green KQ has held up much better with the exact same treatment... I have seen this before... My buddy' Daughters 400Z Yellow plastic went crap very quicly also.. I think that one was a 2004...

Hibrass

Old 04-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Hibrass
Considering how badly my wifes plastic has held up, I can understand why you haven't seen since 2005. My wifes 2005 Yellow KQ plastic faded and discolored very quickly even though we tried to keep it cover and clean.. My Green KQ has held up much better with the exact same treatment... I have seen this before... My buddy' Daughters 400Z Yellow plastic went crap very quicly also.. I think that one was a 2004...

Hibrass
This does not make any sense.... why would yellow be any different than white, green or any other light colored plastic?

I have seen many z400s from 2003 and the yellow plastics look fine, they look just as good as any other color after typical wear. I'm not sure why yours faded and looked like crap so quickly but I can only guess it is something you are doing (or not doing) because it just does not add up.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Range Rover

ss97,

Freewilly asked about KQ and Yellow Plastic. I provided two examples that I have had direct experience with... Do with the info as you wish...

Old 04-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Trailblazer

So would you say that the plastic has flaws? Because it very strange that Suzuki wouldn't address that issue and fix the problem considering that "Yellow" is the Suzuki flag ship color!!! Very strange!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Range Rover

Free,

Structurally it is just fine... The color is what we had problem... Staining and Fading combined... I suspect a UV problem but I have no way to prove it...

For what it is worth the Green has held up just fine to the same abuse... Go Figure...

Hibrass

Old 04-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

The story is on other sites, that yellow will be back end of 07, first of 08 no expanation why it left.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

the yellow on my Z held up great but if you scratched it then it looked bad and it did stain a little, thats why I changed mine and I also think yellow sucks

Old 04-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

ss97,

Freewilly asked about KQ and Yellow Plastic. I provided two examples that I have had direct experience with... Do with the info as you wish...
I'm not doubting you... I'm just trying to understand why....

Old 04-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

Free,

Structurally it is just fine... The color is what we had problem... Staining and Fading combined... I suspect a UV problem but I have no way to prove it...

For what it is worth the Green has held up just fine to the same abuse... Go Figure...

Hibrass
That is strange... what color is the green? Is it dark green or like Kawasaki green?

Quick Reply: What happend to YELLOW?