Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vinson going away?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinson going away?

we were out riding this weekend and a fellow suzuki rider said that a dealer (sales man) told him that the Vinson was going out of production after this year. now don't take this as writen in stone, i'm looking for more info myself!! i think mine is great and was planning on getting anouther one in a couple years for my wife.

i don't read/hear hardly anycomplaints about the Vinson, so why would they stop production?? or do you think this dealer is kinda full of it??

i can tell you, i'm going to call the local dealer tomorow!! i'm curious to find an answer!!

anyone else heard this.........

Old 04-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Trailblazer

I haven't heard anything about it being discontinued. None of the ATV magazines have said anything about it. I hope they keep offering it. I like everything about it except for the lack of a Diff Lock. Rear IRS would be nice too if it didn't ruin the handling. I would probably replace my Vinson with another one unless more manufacturers offer semi-auto transmissions in their 500cc + models.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:51 AM
Trailblazer

I have heard that the Vinson will be replaced by the new 450cc King quad, Which sounds like a nice bike with the irs and front diff lock but unfortunatly comes only in auto, That said you cant believe everything you hear, That may be a better replacement for the eiger...........

Old 04-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

My Dealer also told me this is last year for Vinson ! Gonna be Eiger,KQ450,KQ700 & Maybe something else new ! He seemed pretty sure. Said wont replace Eiger because it sells so well because of price!

Old 04-19-2007, 02:29 AM
Trailblazer

If there's a new one, hopefully it's beetween the 450 and the 700 with a semi auto tranny, IRS, Diff Lock, and the low end torque of the Vinson.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:18 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I quess the new KQ450 is just so close to the Vinson 500 that Suzuki thinks it does not need two mid size utilities. Yamaha does the same it offer a 450 utility then the nexts jump is a 660 which I think is on its way out also, which will leave the 700.

Look at Kawasaki it offers a 360 Utility than a 650! talk about a big gap!there out of the mid size utilities altogether. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

It looks like I may eventually be forced to own a CVT quad before I need one in my 80's.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

so far all the dealers i've talked to have no idea about them stoping production of the vinson..........

i love my Vinson..........the price was good, the performance keeps getting better and better every time i ride it (break in time), and it is as solid and stable! i didn't want the IRS, i didn't want an auto,..........i had 2 choices for the 500 class/price range........Honda & Suzuki! i'm sssooo glad i chose the vinson.

we've been out riding darn neer every weekend since we got it, and my wife is itching to get one now.........if there is even a CHANCE that this maybe the last year for the Vinson (or next year), i'm already planning on anouther one! i figure it would be better to get one now than have to SEARCH and SEARCH for a used one (hopeing to find one), or have to settle for a ATV that we both really don't want (refering to the new 450 KQ)!! there is still the Honda Forman option. they still have the solid axle, manual shift option!

but right now with sales and rebates going on, i think it's back to the dealer for a husband/wife combo!! descisions descisions.........2 vinson's and eat ramin noodles for a year, or 1 vinson, and hope they keep making it the next couple years...............Sam's Club hear i come!!

Old 04-20-2007, 05:11 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry to go a little off topic but i came from a 2001 ltf 500 quadrunner with the semi independant rear end (not sure of the correct term for it) and had the option of the kq 450 with irs or the vinson with the solid rear and chose the vinson due to not wanting an auto but i would have liked the irs. Does anyone know why the vinson never got the semi independant style rear that the ltf had? I thought the vinson basically was a newer version of the the ltf 500 and I found that ltf had the best of both worlds with that setup.
p.s sorry to ramble on I was just curious about that. By the way loving my vinson!!!

Old 04-20-2007, 09:56 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally posted by: Dave350cc
Sorry to go a little off topic but i came from a 2001 ltf 500 quadrunner with the semi independant rear end (not sure of the correct term for it) and had the option of the kq 450 with irs or the vinson with the solid rear and chose the vinson due to not wanting an auto but i would have liked the irs. Does anyone know why the vinson never got the semi independant style rear that the ltf had? I thought the vinson basically was a newer version of the the ltf 500 and I found that ltf had the best of both worlds with that setup.
p.s sorry to ramble on I was just curious about that. By the way loving my vinson!!!
Kawasaki 250 bayou still uses that set up. Semi independent is basically a straight axle with the ability to swivel at the rear diff. Its whole point was to ride better off cambers but it was a small improvement over the straight axle. It did not improve general riding comfort,have more suspension travel or ground clearance so most manufactures that used them dropped them probably due to production cost.

Quick Reply: Vinson going away?