Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z400...help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z400...help

this happened to me when i got some pine needles in my tank lol, they were blicking the hole n onyl allowing a little has in so when i tried to full throttle it it would just do nothing and could hardly even idel lol

Old 06-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer
Default Z400...help

i dont know but this happened to a friend of mine but it was a yamaha yfz but same problem and it was that the fuel tank cap vent hose was pinch. it ran for a little while then sputtered and died. come to find out after hour and a half thats what we found.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Range Rover
Default Z400...help

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: dustinjustin3

i dont know but this happened to a friend of mine but it was a yamaha yfz but same problem and it was that the fuel tank cap vent hose was pinch. it ran for a little while then sputtered and died. come to find out after hour and a half thats what we found.</end quote></div>

Thats what happened to me, My vent hose was twisted, and I had the same problems as in the first post, Thing backfiring, barely idling, backfired at idle and backfired through out the ride. It ran like crap and stalled all the time, i tried everything and looked over everything, and my brother looked over at my vent hose and he said to pull that, and thats what it was, make sure your vent hose is ok, but im not sure what could be wrong with yours, sorry i couldnt be of help to you.