Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Who here plows snow with an Eiger?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 03:18 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who here plows snow with an Eiger?

Old 04-26-2007, 03:21 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry about that. Accidentally hit enter with no message filled in.

Anyway, got an 07 Eiger and will be outfitting it with a blade this summer to plow snow in the winter. My dealer uses an Eiger to clear his lot. I'm not sure about which blade size to go with. I'm leaning towards 54" because it would leave a wider path when angled than the 48" but not max out like the 60". As far as I can tell, the Eiger is only recommended to 60" and not the 72" at Cycle County plows.

What do you all use?

Thanks,
Matt

Old 04-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Trailblazer

I've got an 05 Eiger auto and plow with a American Manufacture 50" plow. Works real good. Handled 14 inches of heavy wet snow with no problem at all.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Trailblazer

I have the 54" on my Eiger and your right... With the plow angled, the tires still fit inside the path of the plow

Old 04-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Trailblazer

I use my 05 Eiger semi-auto to plow our 350' driveway. Works perfectly with a 50" Moose plow. Handled 10" of snow well. I also bought tire chains because we live on a fairly steep grade. Well, I bought them, put them on tires & adjusted, then took them off & never used the chains even once this winter. Even with the stock Dunlop tires, it never gave me any traction problems while plowing. I've got tire chains in case I ever do need them though. Not sure how large of a blade the Eiger will handle, also depends if your plowing area is mainly flat, or graded. Most snow we got at once this past winter was 10". It will take a lot more than that to stop my Eiger from plowing.

HS

Old 04-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer

The first time I used my Eiger plowing, I didn't realize that I had it in 2WD. Heck, I plowed most of my back yard that way. And yea, I was just using the stock Dunlops. Anyway it was about 8 inches of wet snow (and some small drifts of 12 to 14") and I eventually got bogged down in a small drift. That was when I realized it was in 2WD. Once I shifted to 4WD, it just crawled right out.

After plowing my 80' drive way, I unhitched the plow and took it to some fields to have some fun. Again, I drove it all over the place in 2WD and it never got stuck. 4WD was unstopable. I've also taken it in quite a bit of mud and again, it was just encredible. Needless to say, I won't be changing the stock tires. It just isn't necessary.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:16 AM
Trailblazer

Like I said I'm leaning towards the 54". Glad to hear that the tires will fit in the path before I buy it though. I was a bit concerned about that. Plowing with one set of tires up on the snow would reduce traction. I'll stick with the stock Maxxis tires that came on it. Not big on spending money to replace something that will work well.

I bought my eiger in January. I ran it through about 10" of snow in the backyard in the late winter and I couldn't get the thing stuck. Only when I took a chance and tried to hit a 2 foot drift head on did it stop. Just backed out in the tire tracks and no problem.

Last weekend I had it in some mudholes that just about covered the tires. As soon as the front tires got to more solid footing, they grabbed like crazy and lurched right out.

So far I'm very impressed with the eiger.

Matt