Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

price for 2006 king quad 700?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default price for 2006 king quad 700?

hello all,
just wondering what a fair price would be for kq 700(2006) that is brand new left over at the dealer?My dealer gave a price of about 7170.00 out the door.Does this seem high for a bike that is a year and 1/2 old?Basiclly he said 6599 plus 91.50 for set-up,and then you got tax.(7%).And also any major problems with this quad that year?I thought heard things like the efi had some problems and air filter set-up?Don't know just trying to find out any dirt i can before i consider this quad.I really wanted to get about a 500 because i just thought that 700 was little overkill.What do you guys think of the vinson 500?thumbs up or down.Ok thanks,cedarbush.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a good price for OTD. Don't know where you live, but here in VA a nearby dealer has an'06 700 KQ camo for $6995 plus tax DMV, etc. That's his retail, I don't know his OTD.
The major problem with Kings is the crappy paper air filter. It lets dirt into the engine, killing it(burning oil, smoking, etc) in the first 1000 miles. Suzuki won't admit the problem, or repair quad under warranty.
Throw the paper air filter away and replace it with a Uni or Twin Air one before you ever start the quad. You'll be glad you did.

Suzuki really isn't much for support, which means a lot of the repairs will be up to the dealer's disgression. Check them out with the BBB before you buy. Ask friends who ride Suzuki's where they bought theirs and how they were treated after the sale, and what their repair experience has been.

A great King forum is Nyroc's. www.nyrocatv.com. They have King owners from all over the world, and a great Tech Tips and Mod section.

If you decide to buy it, Enjoy. It really is a fine trail ATV. Many Nyroc King owners go on rides together, they did a trip to Moab, Utah at the end of April, and are going to Marysvale, Utah in Sept. Check the 'Trail Rides' thread for info.

Hefty

Old 06-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

I forgot you asked about the Vinson!. The Vinson 500 auto is a great quad too. Its drawbacks are:
1. Paper filter like the King.
2.No EFI like the King.-High altitude riding requires rejetting the carb, with the King; just keep riding.
3.Very close to the King in price.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Range Rover

Since the 2008 are coming out, the 2006 is now 2 years old. For something that old, that is too much money. You should be able to get a 2007 for the same price, even less. And now with the new 750 King coming out, the 2007 price should go even lower. Some changes were made in mid 2006. If you get a 2007, you'll be sure to get all of the latest updates to the 700 since you are not sure if it is an early or late produced 2006. On either one, the first thing to do is trash the stock airfilter. It has been known to let dirt in the engine. Lot's of threads on here and elsewhere about it.

If the dealer gives you crap about the year not meaning anything, ask him if you bought the 06, what the trade value would be the next week. One reason I would stay away unless you are getting a steal on it. Doesn't matter if it is new or not, a 2006 is still a 2006 when the new 2008s are coming out. Depending on where you live, you can buy the 2007 for less than what he quoted. You sometimes have to make allowances though if the dealer is good and treats and services your machine well. That is worth something in itself. But if you plan to do all of the work yourself, the warranty is ony 6 months so going out of your area to save a lot of money is sometimes worth it. But every situation is different.

The Vinson and King are 2 different type machines. The King is IRS, the Vinson a solid axle. So it depends on what you plan to do with the machine. The IRS machine will ride smoother over rough trails and offer more ground clearance. The solid axle will not roll as much in a turn but at the expense of the ride. I would not be afraid of the 700 as it is detuned enough that it is not a rocket. There is also the 450 King. But it is the same size and weight as the 700 so you might as well get the one with more power.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

Well cedarbrsh i guess it would be a good idea to run a post on the Vinson to see how much people have paid for their's , and if they've had any problem;s the year model and size of the Vinson you're looking at ; like if is a belt drive or semi manual clutch gear drive model ! I have a 2006 Arctic Cat 400 FIS 4x4 with a diff lock 2wd/4wd shift on the fly for the 2wd /4wd , i gave 5400.00 for the quad and bought an arctic cat cover for 100.00 this came out to $5500.00 + $378.00 sales tax Total OTD price $5878.00 Cash ; but i didn't have the cash or a trade in ! So i had go the finance way no money down no trade in , finance charge for $5878.00 at 8.900 percent annual percent Rate Finance charge for $5,878.00 cost me $1,130.00 Total cost $7,008.00 with 48 payments of $146.00 a month for 48 months ;and this is a fixed rate , not one of those ripoff rate deals where they give you 0 percent finance rate with no money down and low payment's like $49.00 to 69.00 a month for 6 or 12 month variable interst then go way up when the 6 or 12 month's are up ! And the dealer gave me a new Helment and front and rear brush gards for free ! That was better than Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki offered me on the same machine with no freebies and Dealer finance charge for the big 4 18.99 persent ! Not trying to get you to but a cat , just saying if you go with the financing route the way i had to ; borrow from a bank or credit Union where you work ! My Cat Dealer didn't like Financing with AC she said they were to high on their financing so she found another financial co. to do her financing with ! If anyone is looking to buy a new quad in the near furture and can't or doesn't have cash to pay with cash i think you would come out better checking out other financial souses before paying a big finance charge that could save you alot in the long run ! The lender i financed with was CL Financial Services, Inc. Address: P.O.Box 105555 City: Atlanta State: GA Zip Code: 30348 - 5555 You May Get a better deal with Honda Credit , Suzuki Credit , Yamaha Credit , Kawasaki Credit or Polaris Credit , but beware the those low interest rates with no money down and no payments for 6 to 12 month or even low payment for 12 to 24 month
s ; just be sure you the read all the fine print before you sign ! But cedarbush i hope ypu find the quad you want and you get a good price , weather paying cash or financing ; all the best of luck to you !........................williebee

Old 06-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Trailblazer

hey thanks again willebee and the rest of you guys for answering back.I'm realy got it narrowed down to KQ 700 or AC 650.To tell you the truth i realy want the carb on the AC.I can work on that,i don't know if i'm sold on these efi units.And it is alot of money for a new quad.(Yeah,i know you get what you pay for),but i could be happy with a used quad for around 4000.00.(no honda please).Hey i just will keep looking,no harm in that.I to thought the price seemed a bit high,concidering it is already year and 1/2 old.But man it seems like the AC650 is gett'in high marks from people on these forums,so i will take a long look at these.If i go new,that is.Ok folks take care,and again thank-you for your time and help.cedarbush.You know i have to tell ya,that there really are some good guys on these forums,and nice to shoot the breeze every now and again.Hats off to all!

Old 06-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

That a sound choice cedarbush test ride as many as you can , then deside witch one you prefer i would have bought used myself but the dealer didn't have any used one in stock ; i guess the reason for that is that people know they can get more money selling their own out right for more than the dealer will offer for a trade in ! That why i didn't trade in my 93' Suzuki LTF4wd 300 King Quad in on the cat ! I knew i could sell it to my brother for $3500.00 on credt at $50.00 a week , and i'm using the $200.00 a month to pat the $146.00 a month on my 2006 AC 400 FIS auto 4x4 ; The AC has the 376cc Suzuki engine/and Suzuki Duramatic Belt/driven clutch Transmission in it so i know the quality of my AC ! The only thing is my brother has gotten the Suzuki 300 K.Q. payed down to only $500.00 , i've got to find something else to sell him so he can finish paying off my AC ; or if i can get the AC payed down enought to get a new one i'll sell him the 06' AC and buy me either another new or good used one ! Well take care all and have a good and a safe weekend !....................williebee