Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

king quad blown update

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:32 PM
sz
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default king quad blown update

just picked up quad from dealer. they told me that i must have submerged the machine because of water and dirt in the engine. I use my quad for farming and it has barely been rained on. It has seen alot of dust and they said i should be changing my air filter once a week. part of the warranty was a three time maintenance checkup which two have been done already.Had the cylinder checked locally and it is .009 out of round and the nickasil scratched through. It was running rough a few times before it blew when it got really warmed up but overheat light never came on. Toughest part probably is the chiding i will get about buying a suzuki. Around here farmers put thousands of miles on their hondas with very little maintenance.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer

OK - so as asked in your first thread - what kind of air filter do you have?

A stock paper type ? or something 'Better'?

If this is a 'Known Problem' with the Kings - there is room to discuss the situation with the head office - after all - they want to sell all of your neighbours Suzuki's not confirm that Hondas are the best...

IMHO - I'd push a bit more...

Old 07-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Check your other thread about this, I already explained the situation...Suzuki knows about this, I've heard it at least 15 times on these forums alone over the past two years... Changing an air filter once a week, that's ridiculous. They don't say to do that in the owners manual so how would you have known...it's their fault they put the stupid paper air filter in there which is inadequate for the King's high flow air intake..

I'll tell you what will help you, go to nyrocatv.com on the King Quad forum and tell them about your situation and they can help you out more than me b/c some of them had this happen to them and they got it resolved. You just need to register on Nyrocatv.com and make a thread about this in the King Quad forum

Old 07-22-2007, 04:13 AM
Pro Rider

It's a shame that Suzuki is screwing their customers like this. It's not like they don't know there is a problem.

I had a friend with a KQ with a smoking engine that Suzuki wouldn't fix. Finally the engine just quit. He had an extended warranty but they wouldn't fix it. The dealer played dumb and he contacted Suzuki and they wouldn't help him either. He was out major money for an overhaul. When he got it back he sold it a couple of months later. He said he'll never own another Suzuki product. He actually liked the ATV but the way they treated him just made him furious. He bought used Polaris Sportsman to ride until the 2008s come out and he's going to buy a new Grizzly.

Suzuki is cutting off their proverbial nose to spite their face by pulling stunts like this. You skin customers like this and you lose them forever. You can have a very buggy and flawed machine but treat customers right and they won't hold it against you. You have one minor flaw and bungle the response and you can lose customers for life. These idiots in accounting, warranty claims and customer relations can't seem to fathom that.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

I strongly agree with you Captain Quint. I don't understand why Suzuki would rather lose possible life long customers than fix their mistake. I guess the customer isn't important to Suzuki...it's definitely made me rethink a future Suzuki purchase, and if not for these internet forums I would be in the same situation b/c I replaced my air filter with a UNI after hearing all these issues and I wouldn't have a clue that it's a known problem.

The think that bugs me the most is them telling this guy (sz) that he should have been changing his air filter every week, thats literally saying that Suzuki's filters are trash and they only last for a week, do you know how much a $20 air filter every week would cost for a year?? That's a stupid dealer, sz maybe you should try a different dealer or something, some are definitely better than others.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

It's a pattern of behavior with Suzuki and with the KQ. They did it with the reverse defect. They did it with the ECM defect. They're doing it with the engine problems. The list is extensive.

The shame of it is, I'd like to have a new KQ. I really would. I really enjoy the machine. I'd probably have bought one if it wasn't for the way Suzuki deals with their customers.

I personally know of 5 people who are not buying another Suzuki simply due to the fact of how they've been treated after the sale. 5. That's almost everyone I personally know who have bought new Suzuki ATVs in the past couple of years. That should tell Suzuki something.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CQ you are right, but Suzuki isn't listening. The only sound they are listening for is 'how much money did we make this quarter?'. Until sales fall or the Feds intervene, they won't pay attention.

Tell all your friends to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Product Safety Commission, SuKZuki WILL listen to them.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah..if my King did that I wouldn't stop fighting, I just would refuse to pay that much for suzy's mistake..
It's becoming obvious that Suzuki cut some corners on their "King" 700 now after 2 years of owning it, besides the obvious paper air filter issue, a few other things are starting to show up that really could have easily been prevented at a cost of a mere $10 to suzuki...I'm talking about the bushings in the suspension, mine are pitted and rusted severely, Suzy could have (and should have) easily added grease fittings to their suspension to prevent this b/c an area like this has to have grease on it or water WILL find it's way in there, and it sure did on mine... Suzuki stop cutting corners your losing customers.