Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

ARCTIC CAT AND SUZUKI

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2000, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WE ARE MORE RELATED THAN YOU THINK. I WAS A LITTLE SURPRISED WHEN I SAW THE SUZUKI NAME STAMPED ON THE SIDE OF MY AC 500'S CYLINDER, BUT I IMMEDIATELY REALIZED HOW SMART ARCTIC CAT WAS IN PUTTING A TIME TESTED POWERPLANT IN THEIR ATVS.

SINCE MY ENGINE IS A 493CC SUZUKI, IS IT INTERCHANGEABLE WITH THE ENGINE IN THE QUADMASTER 500. I JUST WANT TO KNOW JUST IN CASE I NEED PARTS, BUT, SINCE IT IS A SUZUKI, I DON'T THINK I WILL HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT FOR A WHILE.

THANKS,
TEXASCAT

Old 12-31-2000, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, if you diddnt know already, artic cat atv motors are suzuki motors..

Old 01-01-2001, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

Looks like your "Shift" key is stuck, TEXASCAT!

All caps is like you're SHOUTING!!!!!! EVERY WORD!!!!!!!!

Suit yourself, surely; but, I find standard capitalization and punctuation makes posts easier to read and understand.

Diogenes

Old 01-01-2001, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer

It seems to me Texascat, that the parts should be interchangable... But, please don't hold me to this, because I'm not really sure. You also gotta figure that the drive shaft and other parts may be in different places to fit into the cats design.
-long live the king baby!!!
-2000 king Quad
-97 Honda 300 4x4
-97 Polaris Sport 440 (sled)
-97 Arctic Cat Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  340 (sled)
-74 Arctic Cat Eltigre 380 (sled)
-01 SkiDoo Formula Deluxe 380 (sled)

Old 01-02-2001, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

diogenes,

i was not aware that the use of all caps meant exclamation. sure capitalization directs emphasis to a word if the remainder of the essay is in lower caps, but if the entire essay is in upper caps this should not mean that the writer is directing emphasis to every word.

since punctuation, capitalization, and grammar is your thing, you should know that it would be better to use a conjuctive adverb after your semicolon rather than a coordinating conjunction.

my main problem with "writing" messages is that i cannot write my vernacular language because spelling would be nearly impossible. for the sake of speed, i do not capitalize letters that should be capitalized--that is the only error i intentionally make.

i have done my time in school and college and finished with a 4.0 gpa; therefore, it would be safe to say that i know how to write correctly. i have always heard that if you know that you are pronoucing a word incorrectly or using words that are not words (ain't, wanna, wallago, fixinto) it is ok as long as you know that you are wrong.

email is not meant to be graded, therfore, it is alright to have errors in it. i am not perfect although i try to be as close as possible for ease of reading. remember most email is composed from the stream of consciousness, a kind of "shoot from the hip" approach. if one were to spend more time critiquing another's email, the whole point of the email would surely be lost.

texascat

Old 01-02-2001, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

In the chat world, all caps means that your shouting. Its just something you do unless you want to get your point across. It has nothing to do with your grammer.

Old 01-02-2001, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

robh,

ok, ok i did not know that using all caps denoted shouting in the chat world. this is my first atv chat room (actually the second--the first one sucked) and i am quickly learning the ropes. honestly, a message that is well "written" is much easier to read than a message that is not; however, since speed is the issue, grammar, punctuation, CAPITALIZATION, and spelling are often neglected and the author should never be called down for doing so.

i am new to chat rooms, hell i just found out what "lol" means. i thought these forums were designed so that the author of a message could get replies on his topic and not his format.

when i initially read the reply i felt like someone was picking on me; therefore, i responded by picking on that person. if you knew me, you would know that i correct people when i consider them to be wrong. i know that really angers some people but, after having proper speaking and writing drilled in my head for so many years, it is hard to quit.

it is really funny that a redneck from central texas actually cares how he is perceived by other people across the country. you should hear me talk when i am around other texans. no wonder why northerners (yankees, snowbirds) cannot understand what we texans are saying. i bet we have added hundreds of new pronunciations to common english and spanish words with that damn southern drawl we cannot seem to shake.

please do not take this as a slam, i am a calm person and it takes a lot to really anger me. the only thing that is dragging me down is a cold that is preventing me from riding my arctic cat. have a happy new year and i promise not to use all caps unless i want to shout.

thank you,
texascat

Old 01-02-2001, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

No prob cat, I fig you might have been new to the sceen, nobody was pickin on ya,just tryin to put ya on the correct path.

Old 01-02-2001, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

robh,

thank you, havagoodun

texascat

Old 01-03-2001, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Now that we have all THAT OUT OF THE WAY. I wonder how many people know that AC has used Suzuki motors and and ealier,Kawasaki motors in their snowmobiles for years. Before that they used some other brand but I don't remember and other people are tring to forget those old work on them daily machines.