Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

hard steering

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007 | 03:09 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default hard steering

i have posted this one time before,with very little imput,i know i should take this in to the shop,but my dealership is not to good in the mechanical department,so i was trying to get someone out there with the same problem that i have so i could help the mechanics out...heres what i got,if you put it in 4-wheel drive on a level surface it steers ok, as soon as you start up a hill it gets real hard to steer,it does the same thing going down a hill, get back on a level surface it gets easy to steer again, i mean really hard,any help sure would be great,thanks ...................

Old 08-19-2007 | 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default hard steering

wayout, I remember you stating this once before. Is there any possibility your diffrential is staying locked full "on"? This would make your quad steer really hard like a full-time 4 wheel drive quad. I would definately take it to the dealer. Isn't it still under warranty?

Old 08-19-2007 | 04:26 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default hard steering

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Weezerman

wayout, I remember you stating this once before. Is there any possibility your diffrential is staying locked full "on"? This would make your quad steer really hard like a full-time 4 wheel drive quad. I would definately take it to the dealer. Isn't it still under warranty?</end quote></div>

no not all the time,when you are on level ground in 4-wheel drive,it's steers like its suppose to,you know like it's in 4-wheel drive,only problem i'm having is when you go up and down hills,thats the only time it steers really hard;;;; yes it's still under warrenty,when you say locked full on,,,what exactlly are you saying,diff lock;;;;;;;;;; i was trying to find someone with the same problem,so i could help the mechanic figure out what was going on with it..................