Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default extended warranty?

I'll likely buy a KQ 450 or 700 in the next month or so. How much under listed retail is a good buy? Should I get the winch online or from a dealer? How a bout Suzuki extended warranty and how much is it? I'll be visiting some dealers in the next 2 weeks, want to activate my BS alarm before I go. This will be my first atv, been using some friends Polaris 500's once in a while for hunting. Won't be doing anything extreme, just for hunting, maybe snow plowing, maybe get a DR brush cutter to maintain some land in SE Ohio until we build in a couple years ( retiring, yahoo!).

Old 12-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Usually when a salesman pushes a product (such as extended warrentee), it usually means its a better deal for them than it is for the buyer. If something is a good deal, they keep it to themselves. Youll get 6 months, under the factory warentee, and usually by then you can figure out if its a lemon or not, and if it is, dump it and get another one. If it makes it thru the 6 months with out issue, you got a good one, and dont need a futher warentee.
However, if you are mechanicly challenged, buy the warentee, but be aware of the small print(per visit charge, whats not covered, going to the bottom of the list in the service area(paying customers come first, over warentee jobs) and so forth).
You can certainly shop around, and get bids, but there isnt alot of discount, unless its last years model, or its not a popular seller.
The yamaha grizz 450 is gonna be similar to the kq450, so look at them too.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks. Yah, I kinda thought it'd be a waste, tho I thought the 6mo. warranty was a little short. But given the kind of use these machines get, well, can't really blame the manufacturers for short coverage. As far as mech. ability, no problem (given a good repair manual). Will look at the Grizzly also, prefer to stay in the 450 range, tho the 700's are enticing. I had a Suzuki outboard a few years ago. Great engine, loved it. So I kinda lean towards the KQ. As far as plows, I gather the Moose is well liked. I see the Swisher has one that the angle can be changed from the seated position. TSC stores carry Swisher products, but haven't really looked closely at them yet. I already have a snow plow on my Cub Cadet lawn tractor, so there's no hurry for that, but I think plowing with an atv would save extra wear on the Cub, besides being more fun. Recommendations for winches? Any tips or comments are welcomed and thanked in advance.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Mobil,
I just had the same question. I am picking up my new KQ's tomorrow ( a 2007 700 & an 2008 450).
I polled a number of experienced riders. After listeneing to what they said, I decided to get the X warranty. I did find that the dealer (BS as you put it) was pretty high. I found an on line dealer in NY (troycitygarage) that offers warranty for way below what I was quoted. I gave that info to my dealer and he met it.
I save over $400 total.
Suzuki is offering a free winch & mounting kit thru 12/31/07. You have to install it or pay for it to be installed.