Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

08 King Quad 750?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 King Quad 750?

Ok, I am getting a new ATV. My first decision was a sport or ute.. I have friends that have both, I want to be able to ride trails and have speed when i need to if im riding with my sport friends. I also want to have something that will have the power and clearence to not get stuck.

So, I have been looking and I think I have it narrowed down to 2, but am open to any opinion. So, the two that I am looking at is Can Am Renegade 800, and the new King Quad 750.

I was pretty sold on the Can Am until I started checking around and it seems like they are having problems with the belt slipping and the frame breaking.

Open to opinions....

Old 04-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have new kingquad 750. just got it last week and it has very well impressed me with the power that it has and it is very comfortable to me....just my 2 cents though

Old 04-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

They seem like a good "do it all" 4x4. I guess if you want to spend a whole lot more money to have a VERY fast 4x4 then that's the renegade but, if it were me and they were even the same price I'd pick the new king for the fact of Can Am's weak frame alone.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

My friend has a Renegade 800 and me myself have Kingquad 750.

So here you have my 3 cents.

Renegade 800:
It is a power machine (When you need your adrenaline pumped GOOD!).
It has all the power on the straight line.
It's alot of fun in the track (made for that, jumping and fast turns).
It's not a good touring bike (sore buttom/back etc. after some time).
It's not a good climbing bike (it wants to wheelie on back tiers, not what you want doing a hard climb)
The belt is something I've heard also (never happened with my friend bike)
It has a stiff suspension which is not good doing rough environment, lovly in the track.
It has the best seating position if you are 6.2 feet. The steering position is the best while standing.

Kingquad 750:
It has power, and all the power you need (gets your adrenaline up, believe me!)
It has good power on straight line, better then most other bikes.
It's fun in the track (my 750 could do all the same things as good as the Renegade, except the turns).
It's a really good touring bike.
It's the best in climbing.
The belt in KQ is just the normal routine check needed every x miles.
My 750 has alot stiffer suspension then my friends 700, which makes it good in the track. But it's not as stiff as the Renegade so it's good also in rough environment (but you will need to stand up from time to time).
It has a good seating position until you have been sitting on it for hours, if you're 6.2 feet. The steering position is to low for me while standing, i will need to raise my steer.

Hope it helps.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're comparing two different class of quads. A closer comparison would be the KQ and the Outlander 800. The outlander or the Renegade will outperform the KQ is just about every situation however, either one will do an excellent job as a sport/ute trail bike. If the KQ does what you want, then it's a lot less money - that could be the smart deciding factor.

Jaybee

Old 04-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

He's looking for that.

I was not comparing them, I was giving him few points of how the bikes are doing in a offroad driving.

The ranagade is always stuck some where needing a push [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2008, 04:10 AM
Range Rover

I like my 700 king quad and my friend has the 750 and when I rode it I liked it even more than my 700. I also rode a Renegade and it was a cool quad but for the money I would get the King Quad

Old 04-30-2008, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

While I like the KQ and have enjoyed the pretty extensive seat time I've had on it, I have to say that as of now I'd go with the Grizzly 700. The KQ was/is a well rounded ATV with a good performing suspension. In my opinion the new Grizzly is a better KQ than the KQ is. It has decent power but most importantly it handles extremely well and is very agile on the trail. It's one of those ATVs that is really a pleasure to ride. No, it isn't as fast as an outty or even a BF750 but it handles better and it a more comfortable ride on the trail.

Before I would have bought the KQ if I wanted a good performing all around trail machine. Now I'd definitely choose the Grizzly over the KQ. In my opinion it does everything the KQ did but does it better.

That said, if you're buying one for speed, they don't come much faster than the Renegade or Outlander. The Thundercat is faster but they're hard to find and their handling is less than what people had hoped for plus they're having a few teething problems.