Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Quadzilla

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadzilla

I was told to look at quad racer hq for info but when I tried to search it would'nt work.I want a quadzilla and what I need to know is what the reliability issues are and how to fix.What are rx fixes?How is the low end i don't expect much since it's a two stroke any info would be greatly apreciated.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Shapeshifter Rider
Default Quadzilla

Also what's optimal mix ratio?

Old 10-07-2008, 02:38 AM
Range Rover
Default Quadzilla

Okay, don't get an 87 the heads go boom, in 1988 Suzuki added an extra head bolt so the problem went away up till production ended in 1990, the air box sucks on all of them (kinda like the banshee) Duncan racing has an adaptor and filter that seals better, the only thing other than that I have heard is the fly wheel rivets sheer (though I have been around many zillas and own one + another engine from one and have never seen it happen), I would recomend a lighter flywheel anyway so it revs even quicker and you wn't have to care anymore.

For premix oil, use good stuff, I like the Maxima 927 and the Golden Spectro.
and heads up you don't have to run race gas, but it makes one helluva difference it runs way faster and will scare the hell out of all your friends (4th gear roll on wheelies)

I've had good luck at 38:1, 40:1 seemed just a little too lean especially on pump gas. With that mix I have never fouled a plug in the last 2 years of running it

Oh yeah I just did it's fist top end since new as well and didn't have to bore it out, just hone and bought a new piston. My fault it had to be done anyway, I ran it with some slow riders, got it too hot and blew the base gasket. Still ran good bit not as fast.

Let me know if there is anymore info I can give you and I will be glad to help.

I have never ridden a better quad in my life (all 450's banshees and modern sport quads included) and I will be very sad to see it go. For open desert, tight mountain trails, dunes and MX there has been nothing as fun or fast.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default Quadzilla

well like any 2 stroke they will be a problem as long as you have them, their the fastest quad ever built but dont hold up or handle good. and you break ur leg trying to start them. but if you really want one then just be aware that you will have to rebuild it often if you run it wild...

Old 10-07-2008, 05:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Quadzilla

oh yeah, i forgot to say, a quadzilla would kill any raptor or 450r in a stock for stock race so if you get one dont poke around or waste its potential, use every horse power that suzuki has kindley given you, responsibly of course...

Old 10-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Range Rover
Default Quadzilla

Well apparently my man you have never ridden one, because they will turn with any modern quad and not only can they turn they can jump!!! Most of my friends ride XR650R's and I stay right with them in the nastiest whoop sections, the zilla has big wheel travel numbers and most quads have a real hard time trying to keep up as the speeds increase and trail conditions get worse. Pin the big bastard hold on and fly over obsticles instead on going through them. There are 3 kind of Zilla guys: Hillshooters(yawn), old slow guys who just watch everyone else and egomaniacs that have this urge to make every one say holy crap why would you ever want to go that fast. You will know who you are very quickly.

And Reaper man, I just said I did it's FIRST TOP END JOB. As in the original piston from 1988, and it looked pretty good when I pulled it rebuild needs are very few and insanely far between and I have a second engine with the same story going for it (planned trike in the future)

Old 10-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Shapeshifter Rider
Default Quadzilla

though i doubt it does it have a compreesion release,and is it forward kick or backward kick?

Old 10-09-2008, 03:03 AM
Range Rover
Default Quadzilla

No compression release for us, sorry it's really not bad though. Not as bad as a CR500 or even a KX500.

Suzuki wasn't mean like those Honda jerks, so they kept the kicker a rear kick. If you are truely self destructive try kicking a flooded VOR 503 (foreward kick high compression 4 stroke bike) when it is over heated, if you really hate yourself then ride the thing when you manage to get it to work.

So the Zilla is a treat, the only time it will give you problems is if you haven't started it for over a month (with the gas left on) and it is 45 degrees out then I found it is easier to hook it to a truck and have them pull you till it starts.

I have never fouled a plug and it starts very easy 90% of the time.

Just bring it to top dead center and then push slightly past it till light resistance is felt, then bring the kicker back up and give it a smooth steady stab and it should light right up.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:13 AM
Range Rover
Default Quadzilla

Oh and as far as the handling goes, I forgot that I changed the front wheels and tires to the ITP holeshot XCT 23" tires. This combo is necessary for for precision handling. The stock set up is too small and provides little traction or cornering confidance. Trust me for dirt this is the way to go, for sand I still recommend a tall front tire, with a good blade. Remember that motor makes a lot of power, getting proper traction and having well adjusted suspension (the stock stuff actually works really great when taken care of) is key to enjoying these wonderful machines and continuing their legend. Many guys just want to go in a strait line really fast, but you never get to see how monsterous these things are in the berms and desert trails. So I was completely blown away by the the level of performance it offers when dialed in.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:33 PM
RK
Trailblazer
Default Quadzilla

It's not quad racer hq............ it's quadracerhq.com
Did you register?
Everything is there from full resto stuff to mega HP drag Zillas.
The basic Rx Zilla fixes have been done for many years.
And Holeshot XCT tires may hook up but they KILL the HP........grooved Turf Tamers hook better and won't kill the HP.
RK

Quick Reply: Quadzilla