Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

quadmaster or ac500

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 09:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking at getting a new Quad. i want an Auotmatic 4x4 and i have narrowed the choices down to the Quad Master or the AC 500. Has anyone had any problems with their Quad Master? How good is the automatic braking? What is the best thing you like about the Quad Master and what is the least thing you like about it? Any responses will be greatly appreicated. Oh yes, it will be mostly for my wife to ride. so there wont be to much extrem riding going on with it. Thanks

Old 02-17-2001, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have 00 quadmaster and I am fully satisfied with all but the top end power and speed. But the low end well makes up for it. The engine braking works flawless, and I have had water up to drive belt houseing and it never slipped. The one down side to having a winch is that the mount sticks out from the front and hangs up at the begining of a steep incline, but a custom mount would solve that.

Old 02-17-2001, 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 99 quadmaster. It is great. I dont have any complaints about it. I do not have the winch and have climed many steep hills with no problem. It is really stable. And it has monster torque in low-range. The only thing I have noticed about it is that when you put it in 4WD you have to let the rear wheels spin about a full turn before it will kick the front wheels in. But after that is is ok. And even though they claim you have to stop to shift into 4WD, you can do it while moving. I always do it that way. Hope this helps

JuJu

Old 02-18-2001, 04:24 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 2000 Quadmaster and love-it. I've had it just over a year now. I have a winch and custom mounted it. It doesn't stick beyond the front bumper and works very well. This is a well balanced quad, very well built and reliable. I've been through it all, snow, mud and water with no problems. Very nice quad.

Old 02-20-2001, 02:08 PM
Trailblazer

I've got the 00 Qmaster and love it. Top end speed could be better, but the trade-off is the low-end grunt, which is incredible. Compared to other "big-bores", I really like its relative compactness, especially for tight technical riding. Good article is on the site for the Qmaster. Switiching from 4wd to 2wd (and back) is annoying and requires a "throttle bump" on my quad to "free-up" the mechanism. I've got the factory winch mount, which compromises approach angle. C4DRM, which aftermarket winch mount did you use ??

Old 02-20-2001, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I talked my father into getting a quadmaster because I wanted to try one out without spending my money....The only down side is sometimes you have a little problem shifting in and out of gear. Mostly when there is presure on the trans like on a hill. I have the older model 500 with the manual trans and I love it. I have had my wife and kids ride the quadmaster and follow me in places I never thought they could go. It is a great machine and the nice thing is that you will spend your time riding it instead of in the shop like polaris dare I might say.... The next bike I buy will be a quadmaster for the wife and kids. It's easy to ride but has the power for what we do. Not the fastest on the market but it's a utility machine. I have been surprised by the load I have put on mine. It's a work horse...

Old 02-21-2001, 12:38 AM
Range Rover

I personaly have the ac500 man. I would take the cat over the suz just for the fact of the ride. Atleast in my opinion the cat rides better. And if you do get the winch, on the cat it mounst behind the front bumper so it doesnt get in the way. I guess I would just go test both of them, see which one fits you best. Or wich one you can get a better deal on.
matty

Old 02-25-2001, 08:47 AM
Trailblazer

The mounting bracket for my quadmaster came with the 2000 superwinch. If you use the bracket right out of the box spacers have to be used. This is how the dealer set it up and I didn't care for it. Also when setup this way the roller fairlead stuck out beyond the front bumper. This is another thing I didn't like.

I took the bracket off and the spacers, measured things up and drove to a buddy's house, I had him cut about an 1 1/2 inches off from the middle of the mounting bracket. He then welded the two end pieces together. I remounted the bracket and winch, it's a really snug fit behind the front bumper but it works awesome. The roller fairlead no longer sticks out beyond the front bumper and no spacers. Win, win situation. I like it a lot.