Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

lt250r start problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when it doesnt start pull the plug take a looky see if it flooded........then for sure bad carb

Old 10-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by victork
If you have good spark and you rebuilt ur top end (assuming u have good compression),I would still have to say carb and that poof u describe while trying to start also may indicate bad carb or carb setup.I dont think its ur main jet its my understanding that ur pilot(low)jet and maybe needle position affect start and bottom end and main jets for higher revs and speed
hey thanks for that um.. i did open up the carb and did take out both jets i cleaned the both out to where carb cleaner sprayed right thru so im assuming they are good, do i have to check what jet number is on it and see if its the one thats supppossed to be in there?

Old 10-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Trailblazer

contact someone who knows ur quad and carbs very well maybe CT racing duncan racing etc and tell them the carb u have and jets it has maybe theyll lend u some knowledge and maybe u have spark but its weak

Old 10-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

contact someone who knows ur quad and carbs very well maybe CT racing duncan racing etc and tell them the carb u have and jets it has maybe theyll lend u some knowledge and maybe u have spark but its weak
yes now im suspecting the spark is weak it doesnt seem fat blue it looks skinny and blue, i just got the service manual so i tested the ohms on the source coil inside the stator,it was dead ( no reading) so i put a new one in now i get a good reading from it but still no start, now i just get like a hint like she wants to start but thats it, next i checked the ohms on the ignition coil but read below the recomended ohms so now i have to order a coil and see what happens. The problem is just that i cant find lt250r parts off the shelf , everything has to be ordered which sucks big time. Any way thanks alot for you input of course anymore information you or anyone might have is greatly appreciated....... Oh if anyone needs any info from the service manual dont hesitate to ask, I'll be happy to scan the page(s) for you if u need it thanks everyone

Old 10-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Trailblazer

theres a part finder on rivamotorsports they have mostly everything but they charge high shipping and handling then theres many shops that sell used coils u can find them in the back of quad magazines and ebay ofcourse but ur right u cant just go to ur local shop and get it right there

Old 11-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

theres a part finder on rivamotorsports they have mostly everything but they charge high shipping and handling then theres many shops that sell used coils u can find them in the back of quad magazines and ebay ofcourse but ur right u cant just go to ur local shop and get it right there
so a week later and a month in total she still wont start. (for anyone who can help) what was done 1.problem started w/no compression,had it bored from stock to 72mm put it all back, compression now is about 160 , had a weak spark found the source coil was bad,changed it, seems to have a good spark now, no start unless its pulled had a 32mm carb and changed it up to a 34mm my guess was bigger piston required more air/fuel ,constantly checking the spark plug it seems to have a little less gas on it than the 32mm, somehow doesnt smell to much like gas i just did a 3-1 mix of 93octane and still same thing. the only thing i can say is WTF!!!!!!!! did i miss something can anyone help?

Old 11-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

lt 250r vs trx 250r whats the outcome

Old 11-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Trailblazer

so it runs good if u pop start it and u even changed the carb same deal I had a kx250 that used to do that but it was due to bad compression if u figure it out let us know and the TRX250R is the all time best but I do love my 87LT250

Old 11-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Banned

I would say maybe the MODULE, IGN CONT??? The rectangular box by the coil.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Banned

They are $70+ new. Maybe egay would have it??

Quick Reply: lt250r start problem