Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

How hard can it be?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How hard can it be?

OK I have a 2006 Eiger auto and i think i need to replace the CVT belt. I am getting a little slippage and what sounds like a belt slipping when I first use reverse if the ATV is under a load as if when I am backing up hill right after plowing snow down the hill. I get it sometimes when starting out going forward when in low range under the same circumstances. So how hard is it to change a CVT belt? Should I be worried about the clutches or do you think it is just a belt problem? I have just over 700 hard working miles on the ATV.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:04 AM
Pro Rider

The belt is fairly simple to change, do yourself a favor and get a maintain manual for it and it will walk you through it step by step. It will be the best $35 you spend on it.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Range Rover

The belt is simple to change as papa.. stated. But since you was pushing snow could you have got some inside of cover and with it warm melted and got a little wet? You might want to try to run it again and see or pull cover off and check belt anyway.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post How hard can it be ?

Originally Posted by boomerdog
OK I have a 2006 Eiger auto and i think i need to replace the CVT belt. I am getting a little slippage and what sounds like a belt slipping when I first use reverse if the ATV is under a load as if when I am backing up hill right after plowing snow down the hill. I get it sometimes when starting out going forward when in low range under the same circumstances. So how hard is it to change a CVT belt? Should I be worried about the clutches or do you think it is just a belt problem? I have just over 700 hard working miles on the ATV.
There's a link on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. That has a video of a technition that show's step by step insturction's on what you need to know , i don't remember the exact post but all you need to do is type in the search field ; CVT Belt Replacement ; the video is for a Polaris quad but they're pretty much the same for all CVT Belt driven clutch .

I hope this help's you out good luck with the job at hand , like the other member suggestion about getting a good Service And Repair Shop Manual it would pay for itself with the first first complete Service of your quad ; but you can chanhge the belt and inspect the belt and clutch for belt dust from slippage with the video for now and also welcome to the forums !

williebee......