Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Pull start fix, help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull start fix, help!!

Hey guys, I was trying to fix my pull start that was broken and took off the pull start setup and now all I see is one bolt in the middle of it, should I undo the bolt then be able to wind up the rope so I can make a new pull start? Any help is appreciated!

Old 05-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if this is on a 230 i had similar issues. i pulled mine apart and let is it sit for a while so i forgot how it went back together. so i just playd the guess and check game and kinda got it but it doesnt always work 100% note that i put my broke pull start back together with no new parts the bolt that was in the center is almost like a carage bolt the holds it self from spinning but mine broke so i drilled a hole on the outside of the case big enough to take the bolt out. so i put a new bolt in with a flat head screwdriver pattern or a phillips you decide then you put the plastic disc on the spring and wind it up a whole bunch of time so it properly pulls the rope back in(just use your judgment). then feed the rope through and tie it (make sure you have the handle on the rope or you will find your self doing it again or making it alot more difficult then nessicary. then put the spring with the 2 metal spacers on the bolt then the little plastic thing that looks kinda like a wing nut and have the metal piece that sticks out and engages so it moves the cylinder and put the washer with the outside part that indents torwards the spring and plastic disk then bolt it down with a lock nut but not to tight make sure it can still spin and the metal sticks out when you pull the rope. i didnt have a lock nut that fit so i welded the nut but make sure the weld or the bolt that you use isnt to long. i made that mistake and i thought i messed up something in my motor but it was the bolt grinding on the spining motor. good luck