Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Looking at getting a KQ, 500

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Looking at getting a KQ, 500

I may be picking up a 1999 KQ, any hints on what to look for as far as problems.
It is a 1999, 500 auto 4x4 2x4 has snorkle kit which i don't really need (I think). the guy selling it doesn't know much about bikes and wants something smaller for his kids( iam trading my 1990 moto 4 and a utility trailer plus some cash. What he did say was the left break cable is broken? foot break and the front brakes (right lever) works. I am not really sure what that left break does? Secondly he says he hears a little knocking up front while moving? I aksed him if he hears it while in 2 wheel drive, he stated that he never thought to try that. he is going to get back to me. I have attached a couple of pictures. I did ask him about, what appears to be a tube or pipe pointing staright up near the speedo. he states he has no idea what it is, it seems to be coming from the gas tank? can I assume that is part of the snorkle kit (gas vent)

I last question are these 4x4 only or can they be switched between 2 wheel drive and 4?

Any help or comments would be graet thanks

Attached Thumbnails Looking at getting  a KQ, 500-1999-suzuki-rear.jpg   Looking at getting  a KQ, 500-1999-suzuki-l_20.jpg   Looking at getting  a KQ, 500-1999-suzuki-f_20.jpg