Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2007 Eiger brakes bearings and jet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Eiger brakes bearings and jet?

Just picked up a 2007 Eiger that needs some help, first the front bearings are shot. Is this able to be done w/o a press? I have the bearings just need to know the procedure. Second is the rear brake pads, anything special I need to know? Third the idiot before me messed with the stock jets because he snorkeld it and put a hmf pipe on it. But he went to big and it runs to rich, I am putting it back to stock and need to know what size they are. Last thing is the pull start rope how long is it. Yeah it sounds like a piece but with alittle work it should be a pretty good ride. Besides I did not pay much for it.
Any links to repair pages or such would be welcome.
Thanks. I am wanting to get it out of the garage by next weekend.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front bearings can be done without a press...just be sure not to hammer on the inner race. If you check youtube there are videos that show this being done. As for replacement bears, I would suggest staying away from the cheap bearings. Changing bearings isn't that tough of job, but not something you want to do after every ride. I got 1000 out of my OEM bearings and then replaced one side with All Ballz bearings because they were cheaper than OEM. 200 miles later I was changing them again. While they may be cheaper in the short term, they cheap ones will end up costing you more in the end, especially if your times is worth anything. As for the rear brakes, I personally wouldn't waste my time or money trying to fix them. The drum brake setup on these is junk. I am guessing if you tear into these you will find the drum full of mud and grime. If you spend the money to put new brakes on, they will only last until the first mudhole. As for the pull rope, I can't help you on that one. Hope this helps!