Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

07 lt-500f keep blowin igntion fuse HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 lt-500f keep blowin igntion fuse HELP

please help im lost.. im pretty mech good with outos but these quads got me fussed... OK i bought a 500 suzuki got it home took it off the truck let it warm up for 2 mins.. took it up the alley and blow the ingtion fuse no biggie i thought.. went to put a 15 amp in and blow as soon as i turn the key... pushed it back up the alley thought it might be a glich so i tryed agaian with anther 15 amp and blow rigght away when key turn on.. so i messed around with wire and spent about 1hr checkin wires no luck.. droped a nother fuse in and didn't blow.. it FIRED right up.. did the same thing let it warm up 2 mins took it up the alley and back and WOW ingtion fuse blow again. pooked around found nothing.. put it back in the garage went for dinner came back 2 hr or so later dropped a fuse in and it FIRED up !!!!!! pooked around with the wire in the neck and along the frame for freys.. found nothing it ran nice but itr was cold out,, let it run for about 30 min with a jack under it.. ran it though a few gears and it was good... took it out the next day to the bush ran for a 1hrish and blow the igtion fuse blow again... now i have it all apart wiring is dam near all aparts and found nothing... but i have a fuse in it and it starts and runs... Needs ideas PLEASE maybee i had a freind that siad maybee the cdi gets hot and shuts down as well my voltage reg get hot almost to hot to touch..or maybee the voltage reg is putting out to much voltage when rev up or when is at operating temp i checked the volatge and it run 13.5-14.8 amps at idle or a little more when reved ..... please help me all i want to is get out and get dirty ??????????

Old 04-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default keeps blow ingtion fuse

please some help im getting frusterated checked all wiring cant find anything just wants to pop the igntion fuse after 10 mins of running, i have winch power,head lights/hi-low beam and my screen only lights up with no info on it....have no coil power and cant turn over with the start button and wont start when i try to pull start

Old 05-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for all the help i fixed it with no help....